Being nervous was an understatement. Going back to natural habits, I found myself picking at the cuticles around my fingers, wishing I suddenly had access to Harry's invisibility cloak. After George muttering a 'good luck' into my ear, and a quick, brief kiss on the cheek, he swiftly walked with the rest of the Gryffindor to his designated table. I couldn't even fully allow my feelings to become elated, as the fear of standing I didn't of the entire school as a 6th year was embarrassing enough. Considering they had also watched me faint from apparition , I was sure to have already picked up a nickname such as 'pavement hugger' or 'that bitch that fainted.' I was hoping it wouldn't be the latter, as quite frankly I was rather prideful, and like all that are, having my reputation tainted was devastating.

Waiting was the worst part. After nearly a hundred or so kids were sorted, I found myself twiddling with the ends of my robes. I knew Dumbledore would eventually say something about my sudden appearance, and that would only lead to more staring. In situations like this, I always hope to faint so someone will take me away. I didn't want to this time, for obvious reasons.

"Ahhh and the last first year to be sorted. Congratulations to you all. Before we get started, we must sort one other student. Miss. LaBelle, would you so kindly take a seat for us?" Dumbledore smiled at me over his half-moon glasses, and I nervously returned it. He muttered a 'go on,' and I took my seat in front of hundreds of eager eyes. I wish that the first years got whispered as I did, then I might not have felt like such a freak from the start. I was, though, a freak from the future living inside a book. Maybe I had lost my mind, I find it rather comical it's the first time I'd even considered it.

The hat was placed upon my head, and I took a sharp inhale. Like all potterheads, I knew the house I was sorted into. Slytherin, what a comedy that would make. Like Harry, I was hoping to swindle the hat into putting me into Gryffindor for the time being, as I would only be here for two years. And honestly what damage could that do?

"Ahhhh. Ambitious, what a strange mind indeed. From the future, eh? You'd do well in slytherin, but you already know that. I'm sensing hesitation, why so?"

"I would rather Gryffindor. I have friends here, and I'm afraid having me put into that house will cause problems in the future. I trust your judgment."

"Hmmm, my second thought would have been Ravenclaw. Incredibly intelligent mind you have, very smart indeed. And you enjoy riddles. Rather odd though, how those three houses seem to already have an impression in your mind."

"A slytherclaw, perhaps?"

"What a joker you are. Perhaps, if I was allotted to allow more than one house, you would be a good candidate. I've never had someone who is so diverse before, could put you in all of them to be honest."

"Why can't you?"

"I haven't ever had the opportunity. Most individuals fall very easily into one category or the other, very rarely do I find a mind as asquisit as yours. How would the hall react, in putting you in all? Rather not, for the sake of tradition. What an exciting sort you would be."

"Maybe you should break tradition. I mean, I shouldn't be here and I am. You've said we sort too soon, and you've been given an opportunity to sort someone who has already made choices and grown their mind. Maybe change is what Hogwarts needs."

"A bright young lady you are, all of them you say? And how would that work?"

"I'd be an individual not restricted by how the houses are perceived. I would be my own person, instead of clustered into a group of people I'm supposed to act like."

"I'd like to give you a primary house, one that you'll do well in. Gryffindor seems to be appearing more and more, as you attempt to convince me of sorting you into all. Very brave, very willing for change."