Being a witch was hard, and quite honestly I was rather sick of it. As summer slowly began to freeze into fall, I had never experienced anything quite as stressful as a classroom full of professors who jumped in at any moment to assist what so called 'future disaster' I was bound to conduct. My eidetic memory can only hold me for classes that require extensive reading and note taking, so of course I excelled in history of magic. Charms and transfiguration also went alright, as I had been meeting Cedric in the library in order to keep up with the mass amount of work continuously given. Much to the twins disapproval, nothing has been said since my outburst on them in the great hall. Of course I know that they only mean well, but I of course am too headstrong to allow anyone other than myself to make my decisions for me. So, the day Dumbledore called me into his office did not sit quite as well with my intentions as I had hoped.

Eating breakfast that morning, an unfamiliar owl had swooped down and dropped a small piece of parchment across the front of my plate. Angelina, who I have grown extremely close to my short time at Hogwarts, made a face as I pulled it from the half-eaten pancake. Luckily it had missed any condiments, so the parchment had stayed rather dry. Peeing open the letter, I saw the Hogwarts crest on top of the note and instantly was filled with anxiety. I began to read;

Miss. LaBelle

I do hope that you have found yourself a nice temporary home here at Hogwarts. You're professors have reported that you have been doing quite well for someone under your circumstance, and seem to believe you will be just fine among the class ranks. I am pleased with this information, though I have other matters to discuss with you.

Please meet me in my office when this owl arrives. I will make sure to see you are excused from any classes if necessary.

Professor Albus Dumbledore

PS, I rather enjoy a fine lemon drop every now and then. A great invention from the muggles, yes?

I blinked a few times, reading over the letter in hopes that I wouldn't have to attend. My eyes frantically scanned the paper, when I felt Angelina lean against my shoulder. She gasped form next to me.

"Dumbledore wants to see you? For what?" She asked. I pretended to play dumb, and shrugged my shoulders.

"Probably to see if I'm adjusting alright, you know relationship and community wise? I'll see you in charms, I've gotta go." Without a second glance, I hurried out of the great hall. Carelessly one night, I had stumbled in front of the gargoyles that guard Dumbledore's office. I had been lost, and nearing curfew I was frantically running around the halls. To my surprise, I almost ran straight into Lee Jordan, who was actively setting up a prank with the twins and led me on my way. Thankfully, my eidetic memory fairs me well, and I retrace my steps I had made the night prior.

I felt dumb staring down at the gargoyles, even when I muttered lemon drops to myself and they jumped from the entrance. It was strange to me, seeing how many incantations required my voice outside of its accepted home in my mind. I was getting use to it, though it greatly reminded me of speaking tests I took in my Spanish classes back home. Both made me feel incredibly illiterate, as I had no idea what either language was talking about. The difference, though, was that when doing magic I didn't need to know. I just needed to know how to use it.

Walking up the stairs, I slowly pushed open the double doers leading into his office. Upon first inspection, it had appeared that I was alone, yet peering from the upper half of the room was Dumbledore himself. I found the steps connection to the second floor and made my way to his desk, where a green plush chair stood in front of him, swiveled slightly to the left of the desk. Sitting down, I waited for any further instructions as Dumbledore took the seat across from mine.