The Game: Emily Prentiss

Not proofread

I'm awoken by water being splashed on my face. I cough trying to get a grip on my surroundings. I look and see Hotch and Will sitting next to me both seemingly unconscious. I look ahead and see a man in a mask looking in my direction.

"Hello dear, we seem to have a mutual friend, Emily Prentiss?" he says, walking to Hotch and splashing him too. I widen my eyes in surprise. "Oh my mistake, Emily Y/l/n,"he says I can hear the smirk in his voice as he splashes Will. Both men are looking around trying to register what is happening. "Tell me is she still good in bed" He asks leaning closer to me. I lunge at him struggling against the ropes I'm bound to a chair with. I try to fight it but he just sits there laughing at my struggle.

"What do you want?" I seethe through clenched teeth. I can see Aaron and Will struggling against their restraints as well as they realize what is going on. 

"I only want to play a little game. The prize... your wives" I stare at him wide eyed. 

"What have you done with them?!?" Hotch screams.

"Nothing for you to worry about. You complete the game you get them back. Simple,"he states pacing in front of us as he talks. I glare at him trying to figure him out. 

He's obviously male, mid to late 30s he seems to sporadic to be working alone so there must be a partner with the girls. But why us? Why is he targeting Will, Hotch and I, or why is he targeting JJ, Haley and Emily? What is this guys motive?

"What is this game?" Will asks, trying to undo his binds. I continue trying to get free myself. No one kidnaps me and my wife and will live to see another day.

"Ah ah ah, I wouldn't do that if I were you. One phone call and your wives are dead." So I was right he is working with someone else. "As for the game you must escape the room in one piece. If all three of you live that's great! But it won't happen. Good luck." He laughs tossing a knife on the ground and walking out of the door. It slams shut behind him. I immediately lunge for the knife to rid me of my restraints. 

"Y/n, what are we going to do? This room is solid concrete and that door is the only way out. Besides one of us has to die!!" Will states, I sigh as I rub my wrists from where the rope was before taking the knife and cutting Will and Aaron free.

"I don't know, there has to be a clue here somewhere. I'm not letting any of us die. That asshole has another thing coming if he thinks we are going to kill each other." I stand in the center of the room in front of the chairs to try and get a good look around. It's a small dark room, the only light coming from a dim bulb hanging by the door. Walls are full concrete like Will said, but I notice a crack in the corner by the door. I walk over and use the knife to pull back some of the concrete. Inside I find a key. "Uhh guys, over here." I call. Will and Aaron come to my side and see the key.

"Great!...What's it for?" Will asks, I shrug and look around again trying to find anything out of the ordinary. I notice slight discoloration underneath the chairs. 

"Guys help me move the chairs," they immediately move and help me move them to the side. Under the chairs lies a wooden door with a key hole to one similar to the one I found.

"Welp, that was easy," Aaron says.

"Too easy," I mutter. I look closely and through the dim light I see wiring around the keyhole. "It's rigged" I say, they look at me confused, "There's wires around the key hole. Why else would you put wires around a key hole if not to rig it to blow?" I ask, they nod and sit back. I keep looking at the spot trying to figure a way around it. I use the knife to slowly pull the surrounding boards away from the door. "Amateur," I say, before going and cutting the wires to disarm the bomb. Will and Aaron look at me like I'm crazy. "What?"

"How did you do that without us blowing up? I just thought you worked with Garcia in the cave?" Aaron asks still shocked. I put the key in and turn it opening the door revealing another key.

"I may have an IQ higher than Reid?" They, again, look at me shocked. "What? I don't have to share everything about me?" I say moving towards the door noticing the key matches. I insert the key and slowly open the door. The knife in my hand ready for if the asshole tries to attack.

"Does Emily know?" Will asks, I turn and look at him like he's dumb causing him to take a step back.

"I've been married to her since before she even started at the BAU, what do you think?" I question.

"Good point," we turn and make our way out of the room. To our left is a hallway and to the right is another concrete wall. "Left it is," Will mutters. We stick close together and slowly move through the hall following the long hallway to the end. 

"Left or right?" I whisper to the boys. They shrug but I hear a scream from the right. We look at each other before moving faster to the right. We get to a door that is closed with light peeking out from underneath. I put my ear to the door and listen.

"You will never see them again, that room is rigged to blow they will never make it out alive. You ladies are ours...forever." I hear a voice say. This one is different from the man from before. I look at Will and Aaron. 

"The girls are in there. There is at least two of these guys, how do you wanna play this?" I question.

"Easy you keep the knife and Will and I will go in and distract them. You sneak around and get the girls and get them out fast." I nod and step back allowing Aaron and Will to get to the door. 

We all look at each other and nod. Aaron slams the door open causing everyone in the room to jump and look towards the door.

The girls are tied to chairs with  one man holding a gun to them and another in front of them both men looking shocked to see them there.

"Nice try on the bomb guys but it didn't work," Will says smirking, as the unknown men stare at them in shock. I slowly make my way into the room and hug the wall to get to the girls. The band who was holding the gun to them now aiming at Will and Aaron. 

Once behind the girls I quickly make my way yo Emily and cut her ropes, before moving to JJ then Haley.

"Hey jackass, next time don't make your bomb so obvious." I call moving to stand in front of the girls the knife hidden behind my back. JJ and Emily move to cover Haley. 

"B-But h-how?" The one with the gun stutters.

"You really should work on your bomb making skills, a 12 year old with the internet could have done better than you," I say taking a step towards them, Will and Aaron doing the same. We slowly back them into a corner. 

"You idiot, you said you knew how to make a bomb!!" The one without the gun screams toward the other. 

"I do! I learned in jail, my cellmate said his recipe was foolproof." 

"Try again," Aaron makes quick work of disarming the men and he and Will keep watch on the men, while I use their cell to call Garcia and get us out of here.

~~~

Once everything settled we all go towards the SUV that Garcia sent for us. 

"So Emily, when were you going to tell us that Y/n is smarter than Reid?" Will asks, JJ under his arm holding him close. Haley and JJ looking at me with curiosity while I shake my head and tighten my hold around Emily's waist.

"Never, she may be smart, but she's more than that. I didn't feel the need to say it because she has so many more qualities than just her brain." She states. I smile and lean down pressing a kiss to her forehead, she smiles back at me and presses a kiss to my cheek. We pile into the SUV and begin our way back to the BAU, knowing Garcia will go crazy if she doesn't see we are okay for herself.

"I love you forever," I mutter against Emily's forehead as we sit in the back of the SUV. She lifts her head off my shoulder and presses a kiss to my lips. 

"I love you too, forever and one."