"Under Siege" : Jemily

It was a Monday morning and also my first day as the new unit chief of the BAU. I arrived early to get settled into the office. I step out of the elevator doors and come face to face with Garcia, in her usual bright colored dress and just as colorful head band.

"Morning Boss," she squeals. I laugh and walk past her, she follows behind me.

"Nothing has changed Garcia, you don't have to call me boss," I say, opening the door to the bullpen for her. She smiles and nods stepping in with me following after her.

"I know but it's fun! How do you feel about your first day as unit chief?" She asks, her usual bubbly personality seeping through.

"Like any other day, I just get my own office now," I joke stopping by my new office door.

"What's so bad about sharing with us?" Derek calls, having been eavesdropping. I roll my eyes.

"You not knowing when to butt out," I call giving him a smile before opening the door and heading in. I stop and take a look around.

"Surreal isn't it?" I jump and turn around to face Hotch in jeans, and plain red t-shirt and a jacket.

"Hey!! What're you doing here? I thought you and Jack were going on vacation." I ask pulling him into a hug. He hugs back and lets go after few seconds.

"He's with Haley in the car. I wanted to stop in and see how you're holding up. I have some big shoes to fill." He jokes looking around the room. I smile and make my way to my chair and sitting down. I take another look around the room.

"I feel like it will be a good thing. I never thought I could get here when we were younger but being here now. It's amazing." I gush. I know this will be more work but I'm ready.

"I remember when we were younger, you wouldn't stop talking about how you were gonna be in the FBI and stop criminals. Look at you now. The Chief of the BAU. I'm proud of you sis," I look at Aaron and give him a smile.

"Thank you, now go enjoy your vacation with my nephew and sister-in-law. You deserve it. This is a tiring job, enjoy time with your family. I will see you when you guys get back," I stand and give him one last hug. This one lasting longer. I feel him press a kiss to the top of my head. I watch as he turns and leaves the office. I lean back in my chair and move my hand to adjust the height of my chair. I grow confused when I feel a piece of paper.

"One Hotchner to another, the BAU should rid themselves of that plague and find a new chief. And soon. This new chief won't last for long."

I look at the note in confusion. Who could have put this here? No one enters this building without proper ID. I stand and make my way out to the bullpen.

"Garcia I need you to pull up surveillance from the bullpen and see who entered my office in the last 48 hours." I say interrupting her conversation with Morgan and Reid. She nods moving Derek from his desk and logging into his computer. 

"Uhhh, looks like just one person in the last 48 hours aside from you and Hotch." She looks up at me awaiting further instruction.

"Who?" I question stepping closer to her and looking over her shoulder to see the footage.

"Barnes," I look at the footage confused and wonder why she would be in my office. 

"What's going on Y/n?" Reid asks, I sigh and hand him the note allowing him to read it. "Where did you find this?" He asks passing it off to Morgan and Garcia to read.

"Under my chair, it wasn't here the other day when Hotch and I moved my stuff from my old office. Why would Barnes leave a note like this for me?" I question, the team shrugs. 

"Maybe she is playing a prank on you?" Garcia questions, we all just stare at her, "Right, that is not something she would do, especially to Y/n she hates you!" Garcia exclaims. I sigh and lean on  Spencer's desk.

"Thanks for that reminder Garcia. If it were up to her I wouldn't have even been accepted into the FBI." They nod knowing I'm right, "I'll have to speak to Barnes and see what she can tell me herself," I sigh putting my face in my hands regretting my decision already.

"Hey guys what's going on?" I look up  and see Prentiss and JJ walking over to us. The smiles on their faces drop when they notice the state I'm in. "Y/n you okay?"

"Barnes is threatening her," Reid explains. They look at me confused. 

"I found a note under my chair in my office saying how two Hotchner's as Unit Chief is too much and how I won't last long in this position. Garcia looked at the footage and Barnes is the only one to have entered it since Hotch and I finished moving my stuff in there the other day." They nod in understanding. 

"So what are we going to do?" Emily asks. 

"I'm going to confront her my self and see what he problem is." Emily and JJ both shake their heads in protest.

"There is no way you are going to her alone. She threatened your life Y/n!" JJ exclaims.

"I know you two are worried but I can handle myself." I say moving to walk past them to confront Barnes. They both each grab an arm stopping my movements. I sighed and allowed them to pull me away from the others into my office, shutting the door behind us.

"Y/n you aren't going to Barnes, not alone." Emily insists, "The woman hates you with a passion. Why? We have no idea, but regardless we aren't letting you be in a room alone with her." I sigh leaning back on to my desk and look at the two women standing in front of me with their arms crossed.

"Have I ever said how hot you guys look when you're mad at me?" I ask a smirk forming on my lips crossing my arms over my chest as I look them up and down. They roll their eyes and both take a step towards me.

"You can never control yourself around us, Y/n/n, but we are not letting you see Barnes alone." JJ persists. I sigh and bow my head. 

"What do I do then? I can't just let this slide. Even if it wasn't Barnes my life could be in more danger than it usually is. I can't put you two into more danger either. I could never live with myself. I don't know what to do." I can feel the tears willing to break through. Both women come and rest their heads on my shoulder, Emily on my left and JJ on my right, wrapping their arms around mine.

"We will be here every step of the way, no matter what you decide to do. We love you Y/n, we can't imagine it here without you. Unit Chief or not," Emily says. I press a kiss to each of their foreheads, standing there with my girls trying to figure out what the hell I was going to do now.