First Day part 2

Lin's POV

She was late, the sleeping tea Kya had given her knocked her out real good and now she was rushing to the station. From all the days to be late, it had to be the day the transfer was arriving. This wasn't the first impression she wanted to give. She managed to get to the station just fifteen minutes late. Rushing to the front desk she threw some paperwork before speaking.

"Jia, is the transfer already here?"

The girl looked at the clock. "She's been here for about forty minutes. Got here before her shift even started."

Lin groaned. "How was she?" At least you were responsible, you started on a good note.

"She's dreamy and also charming." Jia mused over you with dreamy eyes.

Lin rolled her own in annoyance. "I need important details like her name Jia, and stop flirting with the newbie."

"Her name is Y/N Y/L/N, her documents say she's from Ba Sing Se's middle ring police department. Chief's Lei Ba firebender unit."

Lin nodded. "I'll get the rest from her."

The chief walked towards the elevator and out to the top floor. Where she stood she could see you from behind, your long back hair softly braided. She walked by you towards her office unlocking it and looking back to see you staring at her. Weird kid.

"Y/N my office now." She said walking in.

When Lin sat down she was already annoyed at your talkative behavior. She could see the paperwork you were holding and she extended her hand to take it. For some ungodly reason you took her hand, firmly. You didn't even shake it, just took it. Lin had so many emotions going through her head. Confusion, uneasiness, annoyance, anger and a bit uncomfortable.

"Soft."

Lin snapped her hand back. Who the hell is this little shit?!

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOIG?!" Lin already disliked you very much.

Your cheeks had gone deep red as your body tensed, The Chief could see the terror written on your face.

"CHIEF YOU EXTENDED YOUR HAND-"

Is this kid brain dead or something?!

"THE DOCUMENTS YOU IDIOT!" Lin wanted to smack you in the face, you were dumber than a rock.

You froze and Lin snatched the paperwork not waiting any longer. The hell is wrong with her. Isn't she supposed to be the best at her job? Rookies. She stared at the document, reading only the important information.

"What was your division back in Ba Sing Se?"

"Undercover and special forces, Chief"

Lin flipped the page to the next one. She could see a few notes her previous boss had left for her.

'Officer Y/N  Y/L/N
Element: Fire
Age: 25
Nationality: United Republic of Nations
Abilities: Fire and lighting bending, good swordsmanship, able to work under pressure, quick learner.
Injuries: None
Disabilities: None-'

Lin kept reading more descriptions on your job and the things you did in Ba Sing Se. Your previous boss had given you a wonderful recommendation letter and was probably the only thing keeping you there at the moment.

"Not bad, not remarkable either." Lin sighed internally. She would give you at least one chance to redeem yourself and not make a fool again.

"We have a few rules we do- LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING Y/N." What the hell is she looking at?!