The Festival

The day had been long and frustrating for everyone. None of the men were willing to talk to you and Lin was getting annoyed with how slow and unrewarding the interrogations had been. Yet the ambushes were successfully carried through all locations with the help of the united forces army and everything from illegal weapons to drugs were found.

This had been the biggest operation in Lin's time as chief, surpassing Toph with the amounts of arrests and contraband ever found in the city. News spread quickly about the RCPD's work and their success. Unfortunately the main suspect and leader of that triad group escaped from their grasp along with Tank. Now everyone was on high alert for their whereabouts.

You were praised and scolded at the same time by your colleagues. They were in awe at your bravery and pissed at your stupidity, still you all worked together to bring the group down. Even though they could always rise again, these raids would delay their activities and disorganize them for a while.

"Okay, good work everyone. Even though they don't want to talk, we'll get the fugitives soon. Get some rest and we'll continue the investigation next shift." Lin talked to the officers as it was time for the shift change and the weekend.

Soon everyone started to leave, you said your goodbyes to Mako and Jia and waited for Lin to take you home. You walked into her office where she was gathering her things.

"Hey Chief"

Lin continued gathering her things. "I'm almost done."

"Take your time" Your charmed

You could see her roll her eyes but there was a slight hint of a smirk which made you smile even wider.

"Hey... so, about the festival tomorrow. You're still coming right?" You asked cautiously.

She grabbed her things and walked out of the door, you were quickly by her side. "Yes, unless you've changed your mind about me being-"

"No! No! I want you to go!" You interrupted a bit harshly. You blushed when she raised an eyebrow at you. "I mean, as long as you want to go of course."

Lin huffed. "I'll endure it."

You smiled and walked to the parking lot where her patrol car was waiting.

The ride home was quiet and peaceful. Neither of you said a word and just enjoyed each other's company. The radio played softly in the background as Lin drove through the city, making your head imagine things. You couldn't help the thoughts of you and Lin outside work tomorrow. The way it tightened your chest when you thought of her, the way it made you blush and smile. You weren't sure about the feeling but you knew it could be dangerous. But you were always in for some danger in your life. You hadn't noticed when the car stopped but you did notice the taps on your shoulder.

"Hey, we are here."

You gathered your things and exited the car, walking to her window.

"Soooo tomorrow..." You started.

She yawned and covered her mouth before looking at you tiredly. "I'll pick you up at lunch just like we agreed."

"Great! Well... see you Lin."

You smiled and walked to your building's entrance. Once you got up the stairs and into your apartment you looked out the window to find Lin still waiting. You chuckled, turned on a light and waved goodbye. She waved back and left.

Your heart was a mess and your chest felt so small. These feelings just kept getting stronger and they confused you. Lin was just your boss, a mentor. She was being kind, not flirtatious. You didn't know when the feelings started, you just wanted to keep them. It felt nice to be in-