00 - prolouge

"I let myself believe there are happy endings for people like us"

ATHENA AVERY HATED THE VERY IDEA OF LOVE.  She never believed in fairytales. But of course she hates what she doesn't have.  Athena was used to having everything she wants handed to her.  The only thing that was never given to her is love.

Although Athena grimaced at the thought of kisses and hugs and all that, she wanted her fairytale story.  But she wanted her own story, because she knew that true loves kiss only exists in pages of muggle children's books.

When she was young she found a book of muggle fairytales in her manor's library.  Athena got lost in these stories all the time.  She would pretend sometimes that she was a princess locked in a tower. 

And in a way, she was a princess locked in a tower.  Under her parents control.  Except that in her story, she wasn't rescued by Prince Charming. Not yet anyways.

Now, Athena knew that there simply was no prince to save her.  She always looked after herself.  She learned young that the only person who has your back is you.

This is Athena's love story.  But it is not your typical love story.  And her prince is not your typical prince, and she is not your typical princess.

*burps cutely* Ok not to correct myself but like yes tf it is your typical enemies to lovers