04 - surprise

Sunday

After breakfast we were laying by the lake, soaking in the sunlight.

"So, Athena" Daphne said. "Kiss, marry, kill. Theodore Nott, Seamus Finnigan, Harry Potter?"

"I'm almost certain Seamus is with that kid Dean or something, so kill him" I thought for a second. "Kiss Harry, marry Theo."

"What about you Pansy?" Daphne asked. "How about.. Ginny Weasley, Draco and Blaise?"

"Easy. Kill Draco because he's an asshole. Kiss Ginny because she's pretty hot. And marry Blaise because he's actually fun."

"Daphne" I said. "Luna Lovegood, Fleur Delacour and Pansy?"

"Okay, kill Fleur. I'm over that crush and she's getting married. Luna is too sweet to kill so kiss her, and marry Pansy."

"Alright, lets do it" Pansy replied.

Daphne looked at Pansy and grinned.

"Athena, I have one for you" Pansy said. "Potter, Carlos, and Draco?"

"Kiss Harry, kill Draco, marry Carlos" I replied. "I mean, if I could actually choose my husband."

"Do you fancy Carlos?" Daphne asked.

"I don't know" I sighed. "You know I'll be married off, its the way my family has always done it. If I had to marry someone right now I would marry Carlos."

"But you still have another year until you come of age" Pansy said.

"Its coming so close, my parents will be lining up suitors any day now."

"This sucks. Why can't just be kids?" Pansy sighed.

"Because we're pure-bloods. We don't get childhoods. Especially when your parents are deatheaters."

Only Pansy and Daphne knew that my parents are deatheaters. Well, I guess we could count Draco, since his parents are death eaters but we're talking about humans not albino ferret assholes.

But even Pansy and Daphne don't know what my parents are like. None of my friends have met my parents.

My parents are completely insane. My grandparents have been deatheaters since the beginning. My father was raised by crazy death eaters and is obsessed with Voldemort. My mother was married off to my father when she was eighteen as tradition goes.

She wasn't always crazy. I remember when I was really young she was like any other mother. But my father drove her mad.

All my mother's beauty, elegance and sanity is lost. My parents hate eachother, but share the love of one thing. No, not their daughter, not me. Voldemort. Fuck that ugly noseless snake.

Their lives were devoted to the Dark Lord, and their daughter forgotten. For the most part, I raised myself. Our house elf took care of me when I was young. I never felt comfort or anything your parents are supposed to give you.

They spoiled me rotten but never had time for me. I try to avoid my parents. I was so excited to get away when I started Hogwarts.

I've never told anyone, not even my best friends, Pansy and Daphne, that I am utterly terrified of my own mother and father.

In third year we had to face a boggart and my parents stepped out of the wardrobe. They didn't act any different than usual. They screamed, threatened me, used hexes and curses on me.