Chapter 7

Your POV
I didn't actually go to bed because I was tired. I decided to go to my room to try and calm down.

First being left alone, then thunder, and now the house was dark. I was feeling nervous and I didn't want to bother Aizawa. He has enough on his plate as it is.

He's a teacher, pro hero, and now he has to take care of me. The least I could do for him is keep my emotions in check.

I'm strong...I can handle this...

I curled my toes under as I hugged my knees to my chest, I kept the lantern close by and on.

Maybe I'll feel better if I sleep...

I laid myself down under the covers and hugged an extra pillow close to me for comfort.

Aizawa is so nice to me...I really should thank him more often. I still can't believe he'd adopt someone like me.

I can barely function, I have no idea what anything is, or how to talk with others...why would he adopt me?

Why would he want to adopt me?

With those thoughts swirling around in my head, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Time skip
"(Y/n)." Aizawa's gentle voice called, waking me up. I sat up and rubbed the tired from my eyes and looked at him.

He was leaning against the doorway like usual.

"Since the power is still out, I can't exactly make breakfast, so I need you to come out here to see what you want." Aizawa said.

I nodded my head and got up, wrapping one of the blankets he got for me around me because the house was cold.

On the counter there was an assortment of different things to eat, and I wasn't sure which one I wanted to eat.

"Too many choices?" Aizawa asked and ai nodded my head.

"Okay then, pick from these."

Aizawa placed three muffins in front of me. One being lemon, chocolate, and cinnamon apple.

I decided to go with (muffin of choice) and call it good. Then again, I've never had muffins before.

Aizawa grabbed a muffin as well and we both ate in silence. I quietly enjoyed the muffin, it was sweet and fluffy.

I'm thankful Aizawa is letting me live with him. I don't know how I'd be if I were still living with my dad. My biological dad.

Remembering him and the way he treated me caused my mood to spiral downward, and I lost my appetite. So I put the muffin down and got up from my seat.

"You okay kid?" Aizawa asked.

I nodded my head.

"Just not very hungry...sorry." I answered. Aizawa looked at me, his face was so stoic I couldn't tell how he felt or what he was thinking.

I hope I can be like that too, that way he doesn't worry. He shouldn't have to worry about me, no one should.

I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth, then into my room to change out of my clothes.

I put on one of the t-shirts Aizawa bought for me, which was of course, too big for my body right now, and I put on a pair of shorts I got too.

Too bad the shower isn't working, I'd really just like to feel the warm water ease away my worries and let my thoughts run wild.