A Game

A/N: Ok, so this is going to be a bit of a filler chapter - also very, very short - because in the last couple chapters I've written, I've gotten behind on everything going on around them. And I want to apologize for how poorly written this book is. I was pretty much just winging everything at the beginning and as I continued to write, I started changing things and some things probably don't make since, so I'm sorry about all that crap. Just bare with me and, hopefully, you will enjoy everything form here on out. >-< And also (if you haven't already noticed), I've started re-naming the chapters. cx I hope you have a great rest of the week!

-Blakeley

{ UNEDITED }

~-~

 "I think we've figured it out." Hugo say's, walking into the room with Aria on his arm, both they're faces looking grim. It's been a couple day's since the trip down memory lane with Abe and I. Everything's been going good; excluding the several more killings of people close by.

I cock my head at them, confused and Abe does nothing but make eye contact with the both of them.

"Figured what out?"

"The killings, vampires, etcetera..." Hugo waves his hands as he none-to-professionally answers my question, while Aria just rolls her eyes at her husbands lack of specifics.

"Men. Can't explain anything involving detail or big words." She mutters. Hugo sends his wife a half-hearted glare and crosses his arms.

"Excuse me, I can hear you."

"Does it look like I care?"

Abe coughs, quickly stopping the coming argument between the two and indicates to explain further. Hugo huffs and Aria rolls her eyes - again. I smirk at Hugo's sour face as Aria completely ignores him and gets strait to it.

"The vampires that have been attacking are apart of some sort of group. Like a cult, almost. And with a cult comes a leader, the head-man you could say. After gathering a few dozen facts, investigating they're moves, motives, and actions, we've come to a conclusion that they're looking for something."

"Or someone." Say's Hugo, efficiently taking over for his wife. 

"I thought we already knew this," Abe cuts in. "We know who the boss is and what he's after. Remember the notes and vials of blood?" I totally forgot about that, I think to myself.

Along with the creepy notes I was getting, I also got a small glass vile of blood. Blood of which is supposedly related to Abe. But that doesn't make any since. Wouldn't this have come up sooner and wouldn't Abe had made a larger deal out of it if it had been his relative? But all his relatives are dead, so how is that possible?

Or, well, I would assume they're dead. A few hundred decades will do that to a person.

"Wait, wait. I thought all your relatives were dead?"

"They are."

"Than....than how did this 'mystery person' get the blood?"

"It wasn't the real thing."

"Real thing....?"

"It wasn't my real relatives blood." Abe clearify's.

I nod my head but still, everything doesn't quite make since.

"But it made you mad, even though it wasn't your relatives blood. You were angry when you found it, remember?"

"I was angry because he took an innocents life--"

"Like how you were going to take mine?" I mutter under my breath. Abe sends me a glare but or else ignores my mumbling.

"--and I knew what his plan was. The vile of blood wasn't supposed to effect me as much as you. He'd hoped to scare you, to frighten you into doing exactly what he say's. Though that plan didn't work out for him very well. He was angry when you kept ignoring his threats, that's why he killed your friend; though you already knew that, no doubt."

I suck in a breath at the mention of Becca, my only close friend since before my family's incident.

Why did he have to kill her? Why did he have to take an innocent life, a life that had no part in anything he was doing? She was innocent. She didn't deserve it. It's my fault.

I pull myself from my moment of self-loath and hate and bring my head back into the game. No time to ponder on past events; it's over and done with.

"Ok, so since the notes and blood didn't mean anything, we have no reason to dwell on that anymore. But is this person - or, well, vampire. Does he really have something against you or was that a trick too?"

"That part was true." Abe answers gruffly, seemingly not happy about the mention of the enemy.

"Anyways," Aria cuts in, bringing us back to topic. "The killings are for pure amusement, no punishment to anyone in pacific; just for fun. Whoever is in charge has been changing new vampires everywhere he goes and that's why people have been getting killed so violently. They have no control. But, however, I do know that whoever is behind all this does want something with you." Aria say's sending a pointed look in Abe's direction.

"We've covered that already." Abe grumbles.

"But we hadn't known for sure or not until now." Aria quips.

"So to narrow it down, just so it's all clear," I say. "Number one; the notes and blood I received was of no value and were simply a game to scare me. Number two; the killings are pointless and are only happening because of the out of the control, newly turned vampires. Number three; the man behind all this is after Abe and killed my friend just because he felt like it. Did I cover everything?"

"Yup." Hugo say, popping the 'P' at the end. I blow out a breath of air I hadn't realized I'd been holding and plop back against the couch. Wow.

"I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but all this seems a lot less dangerous and complicated than I was expecting it to be." I say out-loud.

Abe snorts. "Yeah, because someone who enjoys killing people and is hunting me down is not dangerous at all." He say's in disbelief. I roll my eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"Not really."

"Why do you have to be such a jerk?"

"Why do you have to--"

"Shut it!" Aria yells, glaring at the both of us. I clamp my mouth shut and avoid eye contact while Abe sends her a hateful glare.

"The both of you, goodne - do you ever not argue?" Abe and I both snort in sync, crossing our arms and looking apposite directions.

Aria rolls her eyes - for the third time in the last five minutes - and sighs dramatically.

"Whatever. Now, here's the plan. You," She points to me. "Your going to be the bait." I open my mouth to protest but she's already talking again.

"And you," She say's to Abe. "Are going to be the knight in shining armor. Hugo and I are back up. Got it?" I blink stupidly at her. What?

"Good." She say's, nodding her head before starting to spill out the plan to us.

I sigh and lean back further into my comfortable seat.

I'm really missing my dog.

~-~