Bright Eyes

A/N: Chapter one in full swing! Comments please, I enjoy your opinions! (but no hate)

-Blakeley

~-~

The cold moring air swirls around me, my hair blowing around in a dance with the wind. The fog dampens the tree's in the forest, hiding the animals from any threats or predator's. My feet hit the damp soil in a rythimic motion, twigs and leaves crunch beneath me scaring stray criters into the bushes. I inhale the damp morning air and sigh in content with the woodsy smell.

My gray sweats hug around my hips, moving in motion with my legs. My gray sports brah being slightly covered by my gray tanktop that hugs my slim waist. My earbuds hooked firmly into my phone that's tightly strapped to my arm as I run playing 'How To Save A life' By-The Frey.

I hum along as I jog at a steady pace, keeping on my normal route through the woods and watching as different birds fly around, singing they're songs. Turning a corner, I take my time getting home trying to stay within the woods as long as possible. Vines wrap firmly around the tree's covered in green moss.

Different colored flowers cover the ground beside the path, slightly starting to die since winter is on it's way. Looking to my left I see two rabbits hopping around a log where a den sets. As another song comes on through my headphones, I pick up my pace slightly before jumping over a fallen log no taller then two feet.

Steading my pace, I start to see building tops come into to view. Sighing, I take one last glance at the forest before exiting and starting to enter the streets of Colorado. I jog past house after house before reaching my street. Turning, I make my way down the long street lined with small apartments. Waving to my neighbor as I jog up the steps of my apartment, I dig my key out of my deep pocket and quickly insert it, twisting it until I here the expectant 'Click!'.

I gently push the door open before stepping inside, the smell of lavender and roses hitting my nose making my body instantly relax. Shutting the door with my foot, I swing my keys around on my pointer finger while making my way into the kitchen.

The kitchen counter is a pretty marble with dark wood cabonents above and below it. A small bar comes out and around the kitchen giving me a full view of the living room. The living room has light carpet with dark furniture matching the kitchen, a few drawars and shelves here and there and a TV sets not far in front of the couch mounted firmly to the wall. Theres two rooms, mine and guest room, along with a guest bathroom and then one of my own inside my room.

The guest room has been turned into my personal multi-purpose room and considering I never have people over, it doesn't ever get used by anyone but me. Not like I would let anyone use it other than myself even if they asked. Overal, it's not a bad place. Not your ideal home, but better than nothing.

A loud bark comes from my left as a clumsy 6 month old German Shepherd/Husky cross comes toppling in, tripping over her feet in the process and tongue swinging around while slobber drips onto the floor. "Hey, baby! Hows my big girl doing?" I say ruffling the bright white fur on her head. She licks my cheek and I chuckle. "Eww! L.A, no!" I say still laughing.

She barks happily before bounding out of the kitchen, successfully hitting every object on her way. Laughing, I make sure her food and water is full before hunting the mutt down and bringing her back to eat.  Glancing over at the clock, I nod to myself seeing as I have an hour before work starts. Switching on the coffee maker, I put in the required necessity's before heading back into my room, whistling a random song as I go.

My rooms walls are a gray color but you can barely see them with the amount of posters and pictures I have hanging around. My king bed is covered in a purple, gray and light blue colored designed comforter with matching light blue pillows. A TV is mounted on the far wall and a mirror/desk sets in the corner with a several shelves above it full of pictures, random junk and pointless trinkets. A large window with a window seat stays sitting next to my desk with light blue curtains and pillows to match my bed.