Crushes - part 1

[ UNEDITED ]

~-~

It's not every day you get attacked by your six month old puppy who has been demon possessed nor is it often that you get stalked by a creepy vampire who's out for revenge on your crush.

Yes, you heard me, Abe is my crush.

Why did my stupid hormones choose...him? Why couldn't I have had a crush on some homeless dude? Or how about one of those creepy dudes who smokes on the sidewalks and checks our every female that walks by, huh? Why not one of them?

Because I'm me. And life just loved me so much it decided, "Hey! Lets make Nicole's life more complicating and throw in a super hot and sexy vampire, who at first try's to kill her, but than becomes sorta nice and makes her start to fall for him! Brilliant, isn't it?"

Idiots.

And I wouldn't say falling, because, that's a big word. I'm just in that temporary crush lane where, eventually, I'll get over him and want nothing to do with him all over again. See? It's fine. It's a simple, stupid, stage. Nothing more and perhaps a little less.

Goodness, have I turned soft? Pft, ha! I think NOT. I am not soft nor am I falling for him. I've only had one crush in my life. ONE. 

Do you know why they call them crushes? Because they leave you crushed, that's why.

So, long story short, that stuck-up little rich boy went home crying, clutching his broken and bloody nose all the way while I waved and grinned smugly in the distance.

Stupid boys.

And now, here I am, again, crushing on a guy who'd rather stake himself then stay in the same room with me for more than two minutes.

Ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration. It's been a total of three months since I met that blood sucker and after his little feeding-fest, he left a note with a few bucks of cash for me to call a cab to take me home. Haven't seen him in a week.

I. am. PO'd. No, I'm more than just P.O'd, I'm furious. What if he left? What if he left and I'll never see him again? He could have gone and I would have never known and what than? I have no clue how to track down a flippin' vampire!

He's probably out with one of his vampire girlfriends having the time of his life while I sit here in my living room, bucket of ice-cream and spoon in hand, watching - you guessed it - 'The Big Bang Theory' all alone.

But who cares? Certainly not me.

I've been yelling - no, scratch that - screeching at myself that these stupid mushy emotions are just something every girl feels towards a vampire because of they're gorgeous looks and seductive, silky voice.

This is completely normal, a human admiring his soft, plush hair. His gorgeous gray orbs, not to thin but not to big frame, super tall statue an-

That's where I draw the line!

I angrily shove another spoon full of ice-cream into my mouth, my hand clutching onto the spoon like it's my life support as I try with everything in me to pay attention to Sheldon as he talks in super nerd mode.