Epilogue

~-~

Vampires.

A mystical creature that belongs on the page of a book to scare little children into sleeping in they're bed at night, peeking out from they're covers in fear of being sucked bone-dry by a monster that isn't supposed to exist.

With red eyes, fangs, the speed of light, and the greatest gift of seduction, these creatures can overpower any person it crosses; mentally and physically. They're manipulating, dangerious, and predatory.

These were the creatures I was read about at night as a little girl. Growing up, my childish fears grew scarce but my fascination for them never left.

What can I say; I was quite the fiction reader.

But as time passed and life seemed to take a different course in direction, vampires became the last thing on my mind - that is, until I met Abe.

Moody, brooding and dark, this old vampire new nothing about fashion and had a great fondness for scaring the daylights out of me. He was a creature of his own, whether I was the only one to see it or not.

But he wasn't the only different one around.

I wasn't afraid of him like he wanted me to be. When he pushed I pushed back. I fought against him and perhaps that's the reason he didn't kill me. Maybe that's the reason he always stuck around, too fascinated by the way I worked that he just couldn't force himself to kill me.

But whatever the reason, we grew close - really close.

In the time I've known Abe, I've realized how truly alike we really are. The time we met, we were both alone and in denial. We didn't want anyone else's help, thinking all we needed was ourselves and we'd make it alright.

We had demons on our tails and every step we took forward seemed like three steps back. We were trapped inside our own game and had no idea how to escape.

But after a while--a long while--we finally found a cure to our undying nightmares that only seemed to get worse and worse as life wen't on.

Each other.

I guess that's what they mean, 'There's a thin line between love and hate'.

I guess our strong dislike for each other was what blinded us from seeing everything that was right in front of us. We were both too equally stubborn, refusing to give in and that's what had us butting horns 24/7.

But after crossing a few bridges, we came to realize just how much we couldn't live without each other. We were each others own personal drug, too addicted to stop. We needed each other like peanut butter needed jelly. Like cocoa needed puffs. Like power needed aid. Like--

Ok, you get my point. 

We struggled in the beginning of our relationship, trying to figure out what's right and wrong, for best and for right. He forced me away, trying to protect me but even then he couldn't stay away. He found me and I didn't let him go.

And now here we are. Completely and utterly, without a doubt, totally, sickly, (and as crazy as it sounds) forever in love.

I know everything about him and he knows everything about me, and we couldn't be happier.

Well, at least I thought I knew everything about him. But today I was proved wrong.

"I hate birthday's."

Alrighty than.

"Come again?" I ask him, blinking at him from over my cover-girl magazine.