Another A

~-~

"Why so glum, chum?" Becca's perky voice asks as she bounces over and plops down into the booth in front of me. I shake my head and send her a smile.

It had been another three day's since I'd seen Abe. Six days in total and, for some odd, unknown reason, It's making me slightly grumpy. Why? Your guess is as good as mine; I'm clueless! Maybe it's the fact that I haven't been able to yell at anyone in six days and all the stress has started to build up and I have no one to take it out on.

Yeah, that's it.

I shrug and take a sip of my Wendy's chocolate shake. "Nuffin. Just thinking. Anyways, what's your brilliant plan for this evening, hm?" I ask as I continue to munch down on my cheese burger. Becca had called me earlier saying she was taking me out but didn't give me any clue as to where or what we were doing.

"Spa day!" She yips in excitement, her eyes shining bright with eagerness and joy. I laugh at her enthusiasm and shake my head, agreeing to her plan. It's been forever since I got my nails done and, quick frankly, they look quite dingy.

"Awesome!"

~-~

"Ah, that was great, wasn't it?" Becca sighs as she admires who freshly painted nails. I nod my head with a bright smile on my face, examining my nails as well. Becca had her nails painted pink with silver flowers on the top while I had my nails painted red with silver crosses on the top. Overall, I loved them. Both our toes match our fingers and we're quite happy with the ending result.

"Megersh, why don't we do this more often?" Becca say's exasperated. I laugh and shake my head, watching as buildings upon buildings pass by the window. The clock on the radio reads 9:30 and outside the window it's pitch black, stars scattered all across the sky.

"So..." Becca mumbles, coughing awkwardly. I open one eye and glance over at her to see her face red and her cheeks puffed, looking like she really wants to tell me something but can't find the courage.

"Spit it out." I say chuckling, closing my eyes and leaning against the seat once more.

"I have a boyfriend!" She spits out quickly with wide eyes. I turn to her with huge eyes, my mouth agape. "I met him at our local park. I was with my family but decided to take off my own for a bit and ended up tripping and landing right on top of him. I felt so bad that I offered to make it up to him and he said that I could make it up to him with a date. So, remotely, we ended up going on a date and than another, and than another and than BAM! We're dating!" She say's in one breath sending me sheepish glance. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, It's just-"

I cut her off with a squeal. "Oh my, that's great news! Congrats!" I practically yell. Becca blushes a bright red and hides her face behind her hair making me burst into a fit of laughter. "And don't worry about it - I've been quite busy myself." I say.

She sighs in relief, sending me a grateful glance and than turning to stare at the rode again.

"Have you heard about the local animal attacks?" Becca's asks after several minutes of comfortable silence. I instantly tense at her question, glancing at her and than taking in a shaky breath.

"Yeah, I have." I say, my hand unconcously coming up to run through my unruly curls.

"Do you...." Becca gulps. "They look pretty serious, do you think that it will come any closer to the city? I mean, wild animal attacks aren't unheard of around here, it's just....I don't know; these just seem...odd, you know? I've never seen such a brutal looking injury." She say's, her voice edged with nervousness and worry.