24

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Leo got distracted on the second floor with the appliances.

"No way," he said. "Is that an armoured forge?"

Before Piper could stop him, he hopped off the escalator and ran over to a big oval oven that looked like a barbecue on steroids.

When they caught up with him, the princess said, "You have good taste. This is the H-2000, designed by Hephaestus himself. Hot enough to melt Celestial bronze or Imperial gold."

Jason flinched as if he recognised that term. "Imperial gold?"

The princess nodded. "Yes, my dear. Like that weapon so cleverly concealed in your pocket. To be properly forged, Imperial gold had to be consecrated in the Temple of Jupiter on Capitoline Hill in Rome. Quite a powerful and rare metal, but like the Roman emperors, quite volatile. Be sure never to break that blade..." She smiled pleasantly. "Rome was after my time, of course, but I do hear stories. And now over here-this golden throne is one of my finest luxury items.

Hephaestus made it as a punishment for his mother, Hera. Sit in it and you'll be immediately trapped."

Alex apparently took this as an order. She began walking toward it in a trance

"Alex don't!" Piper warned.

Alex blinked. "How much for the seat and the forge?"

"Oh, the seat I could let you have for five great deeds. The forge, seven years of servitude. And for only a bit of your strength-" She led Leo and Jason into the appliance section, giving him prices on various items.

Piper didn't want to leave them alone with her, but she had to try reasoning with Alex. She pulled her aside and slapped her across the face.

"Ow," she muttered sleepily. "What was that for?"

"Snap out of it!" Piper hissed.

"What do you mean?"

"She's charm speaking you. Can't you feel it?"

Alex's mind cleared fully. "That's what that was!" 

"Finally, Alex you stupid Bisexual!" Piper hit her, not hard, but just enough that Alex rubbed the back of her neck in shame. 

"Sorry I like women, Geez"

"That's gonna get you killed, and try crushing on someone who is not an evil sorceress" Piper sighed. "The princess shouldn't even be alive! She was married to Jason-the other Jason-three thousand years ago. Remember what Boreas said-something about the souls no longer being confined to Hades? It's not just monsters who can't stay dead. She's come back from the Underworld!"

Alex shook her head uneasily. "She's not a ghost though"

"No, she's worse! She's-"

"Children." The princess was back with the boys in tow. "If you please, we will now see what you came for. That is what you want, yes?"