31

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

For a minute, Jason and Thalia faced each other, stunned. Then Thalia rushed forward and hugged him.

"My gods! She told me you were dead!" She gripped Jason's face and seemed to be examining everything about it. "Thank Artemis, it is you. That little scar on your lip-you tried to eat a stapler when you were two!"

Leo laughed and Alex sniggered. "Seriously?"

"W-wait," Jason stammered. "Who told you I was dead? What happened?"

At the cave entrance, one of the white wolves barked. Thalia looked back at the wolf and nodded, but she kept her hands on Jason's face, like she was afraid he might vanish. "My wolf is telling me I don't have much time, and she's right. But we have to talk. Let's sit."

Piper did better than that. She collapsed. She would've cracked her head on the cave floor if Alex hadn't caught her.

Thalia rushed over. "What's wrong with her? Ah-never mind. I see. Hypothermia. Ankle." She frowned at the satyr. "Don't you know nature healing?"

Hedge scoffed. "Why do you think she looks this good? Can't you smell the Gatorade?"

"You and the satyr," Thalia ordered looking at Leo and Alex, "take this girl to my friend at the entrance. Phoebe's an excellent healer."

"It's cold out there!" Hedge said. "I'll freeze my horns off."

But Leo knew when they weren't wanted. "Come on, Hedge. These two need time to talk."
"Humph. Fine," the satyr muttered. "Didn't even get to brain anybody."

"Actually, I need some answers.. I think you're the best person whom I can ask" Alex spoke up. 

"You look... familiar" Thalia narrowed her eyes at Alex who took a deep breath. 

"My name's Alex- Alex Jackson, and I'm Percy's sister" She gave Thalia a lopsided grin. Thalia's face seemed somewhere stuck between disbelief and realisation, though she didn't say anything so Alex continued. 

"I ran away when I was nine, and that's when I met Leo, and I wanted to ask you about Percy" 

"Gods, he did mention someone he loved who had disappeared, didn't know he had a sister though" This only made Alex feel guiltier about leaving, sensing her emotions, Leo lay a hand on her shoulder.

The four- Leo, Alex, Jason and Thalia sat down around the fire and slipped into awkward conversations. Thalia told them about her childhood, and the three told her about their adventures. She even mentioned how she knew Percy, and eased any guilty feelings Alex had, she decided she liked the older Grace. 

They even came to a conversation about all the weird Latin and Roman stuff, the gears in Alex's head started to turn. 

Gods, I've been hanging with Leo too long