Epilogue

Camp Half Blood- Seven months later

"How does it work again?" Alex asked Leo. Annabeth had the idea to send a warning ahead with an aura. For the message she asked Leo to make a video recording- which is what the two were doing. 

"I won't bore you with how it works... the recording starts when the light on the camera turns green" Leo answered. The two were sitting in the Poseidon cabin, Leo had his armour on and was fussing over Alex to put hers on too. But she knew they had atleast an hour before they left which was more than enough time. 

"You know..." Alex said as she looked outside the cabin to see the campers walking and laughing together. She knew she was lying even before she opened her mouth."After all those years on the streets, I finally feel like I'm home"

"You're lying" Leo didn't even have to look up, he knew her better than anyone.

"You're right, I was always at home with you"

Alex sat down beside him and smiled at the camera. The red light turned green and Leo began talking. 

"Hey" He said. "Greetings from your friends at Camp Half-Blood, et cetera. This is Leo. I'm the..." He turned to Alex "What's my title? Am I like admiral, or captain, or—"

"Repair boy" she smirked.

"Very funny, Lex" Leo grumbled. And Alex took over.

"I'm Alex... and don't listen to Leo- Annabeth's the one in charge" she said and Leo shrugged. 

"Yeah, okay... Anyway, we're gonna be sailing toward you in about, I dunno, an hour in this big mother warship" Leo went on and then Alex took over. "We'd appreciate it if you'd not, like, blow us out of the sky or anything. So yeah... If you could tell the Romans that. See you soon. Yours in demigodishness, and all that."

"Peace out" Leo completed. But Alex still had a lot she wanted to say and she preferred saying it over a printed video than in person. She cleared her throat twice and when Leo still didn't understand what she wanted, she pushed him out of his chair.

"And um... Percy, if you're watching this- I'm gonna be meeting you so soon, but I wanted to say- I'm sorry for running away. I love you and I can't wait to see you again" She smiled. 

"Jackson- WHERE'S MY TOGA?!" Jason's voice called from outside the cabin, he was searching for the toga that was currently hidden under Alex's bed. 

"Oops.. that's my queue. Gotta go- bye" She turned the camera off and Leo got back in the cabin, mumbling something under his breath, to print the message.