5- honesty.

as i walked out my front door, letter in my left hand, advil in my right i had noticed somebody at our front gate. the tall figure's silhouette looked vaguely familiar. it was middle of winter, five am was still very dark. as i walked towards the gate i yelped out an "excuse me?" before the figure turned around.

and of course. it was the man of the fucking hour, oikawa tooru. adrenaline filled my body, i started freaking out, he seemed to look right through me. "are you alright iwa-chan?" he seemed sad whilst muttering this, in the past he was always loud, but he just seemed quiet.

"oh! yes.. yes! i'm fine, just a little shaken up!" i said with a slight laugh, before adding "are you alright? you never walk with me any more." he looked up at me and his eyes burned a whole through my forehead. he shook his head, and my panic set in.

"emery wasn't home today, and she hasn't been texting me back." oikawa said, out of all the things this man has said, i was most worried for this. i stood there, pondering a response, do i hand him the letter or act like I don't know his girlfriend's dead..

the only thing i can do is be true, even if its a bad idea. "oikawa. here." i handed him the letter, the pit in my stomach deepened, it felt like i had no lungs or heart. all of my organs were just swallowed up by a vacuum.

he looked pretty curious, i watched him study the envelope throughly. he smiled at the alien sticker, which was even more alarming. but he had finally opened the letter. and my dread had thickened, it was black and impure.

it was like a thick gas, polluting the air and making it difficult to breathe. my organs were doing circles, and my mind was in full panic. like a bunch of tiny iwaizumi hajime's running around screaming nonstop. quite annoying to be honest.

"dear oikawa, i may or may not of killed your girlfriend. so, this letter may come to you as shocking, insane, maybe even make you horny idk.. but, i did, now i understand if you are thinking well shit fuck you i'm going to the police, but please don't! i have a wife and kids somewhere.

I couldn't of helped but feel jealousy, watching her dirty hands touch you. you were perfect, but she was disgusting. i needed to get rid of her. I didn't do it maliciously, i did it because i love you. i love you with all of my heart.now, i guess its time i should share how we got here, oiks, it had all started when i was invited to a party, oikawa didn't show because he was grounded. but everybody else showed, including his girlfriend. it was going smoothly, drinks were being handed out, i was taking shots like no tomorrow. i've learned something, vodka is the only good alcohol to take before murdering a girl.

before i knew it, emery was chatting me up like i was a cheap hooker. she literally tried to get into my pants. so i let her, i got this idea in my mind i would like thrust into her eye or something and permanently blind her, but I definitely got the idea of murder... as she was screaming out my name, i stabbed her. I didn't like any minute of it, it was kind of deafening. and for some reason, she didn't wake up chris. weird huh! but for some reason she was brunette. I coulda sworn she was blonde before!

that's what happened oikawa, I can't tell you enough of how i'm sorry. i know you really loved her, even if she dressed like a three year old stripper. okay, new concept, that was depressing. i love you. i did it because i want to be yours, not be your best friend and watch her be yours. and i'm much better, i have style and i'm not gross! i really do feel bad, i know how much you love her, i just couldn't hold my anger in. I didn't understand the concept of love until you helped teach me it, and I couldn't be more grateful for you, oikawa. you're the reason i hold on.i just want you to know, you will always be the most important person in my life. no matter where we end up, separated or together. i will never forget you, no matter how hard i try, my memories of you never die." read the letter..

he slowly looked up at me, his eyes going wide. but he didn't scream, he just walked up to me and hugged me.. "thank you iwa." those words burned into my memory.. thank you?

"wha-" i said before he had shushed me. "she did bad things to me iwa, she wouldn't let me leave, i wanted to be with you." my eyes widened, maybe this was a dream? somebody pinch me. "i love you oiks.." i muttered, "i love you iwa." he whispered into my ear.

he pulled away, "well, what did you do with it? you need to hide it somewhere." he said. this shocked the shit out of me, oikawa was normally skittish, especially when it came to the topic of death or murder.

he held my face in his hands, muttering something about being okay, that we could figure it out. but i was zoning out, i had been terrified all day long, and he comes around and i feel perfectly safe and fine once again. like he took my pain, and stored it far away.

i was so grateful for that, he's all i needed, all i prayed for, and some god heard and delivered him to me. "we should go to school, incase somebody finds it suspicious we were all out." i said, he nodded in agreement. and for the first time in forever, we walked side by side.

the same path we had taken for years. past the park we met at, by the grouchy old lady with three cats and one iguana who for some reason hates oikawa but loves me, past the tree me and oikawa met up at to hangout for the first time, etc.

all of these memories flooded back, it filled me with comfort that i had desired throughout the night. it was silent and comfortable until he broke it. "i'm kinda hungry, want to stop for milk bread?" his words made me happy. it made me feel youthful and free.

with a smile, i agreed. we stopped by our favorite shop, when i had realized I wasn't wearing our school uniform, which oikawa busted out laughing at. we got our milk-bread, and we still had time. we rushed back to my house to get me changed.

we entered the house, oikawa saying hi to chris, chris being confused and hungover, normal morning. we snuck into my room, when he saw her. "well shit, i didn't imagine it would be this bad." he said taking a bite out of his milk-bread.

"you know, she kinda looks like britney spears after her freak out in 07." this made me nearly buckle over in laughter. i needed that, "PLEASE WHAT-" i screamed out, as this was one of those moments where you have to question oikawa's sanity.

"but i'm serious! she does!!!" he says pointing to her head, before plopping down on my bed. "we should bury her in the ocean, she always said she hates water." i smirked once he said that, it made me feel like he was serious and trusting. and kind of crazy. but i killed her, so I shouldn't say anything.

"thats evil, i love it." i said whilst he laughed, i felt kind of crazy, soulmate moment to be honest. his smile stole my worries, i hoped he was just putting on a brave face to claim my worries. i was finishing getting dressed when he walked up behind me.

he attached to my waist, whispering in my ear, "hey, everything will be just fine, if you go down, we go down together." he squeezed my waist into a hug. i turned around and hugged him back. "thank you, oikawa tooru, i love you so so much." i said honestly.

he was all i needed here. once we made it to school, we were ready for the rest of our most likely horrible lives.