8- adulthood. and sheer mystery

it only gets worse. thats the only thing i figured out from my twenty five years of living. i mean, i live decently but the memories will never die. to sum you up on my past eight years, its been a rough and easy road to take. and i hate it.

out of college, my mom, chris, me, and oikawa moved to the states. where me and oikawa ended up moving to brazil less then a year later oddly enough. i got excepted into my dream school, and i did online so i could stay with oikawa. which then we adopted a dog.

when we were twenty we got engaged, and married the following year. we still kept the secret, and nobodies found out yet. we heard that emery's case is going cold after finding a chunk of flesh at the place we burned her body at.

and last year chris died off alcohol poisoning, but he had always said he wanted to go like that. so good for chris, it was devastating, he was the only dad i ever had and he didn't get to meet our baby girl, who was born to our surrogate two days after his death.

we named her ikki (koi todoroki) (IM SORRY)

we named her eden, she was such a calm and levelheaded baby, it just seemed necessary, eden iwaizumi-oikawa. it rolls off the tongue, last night i heard tooru reciting it over and over again, and just fell in love with him once again.

everything was fine until we started receiving calls about how they found emery's killer.. a man in his mid thirties admitted to killing her. they even had an autopsy report that says she was kidnapped and hurt over the years... two people on this earth watched her body burn..

"haji.. do you think possibly we had the wrong girl?" he said to me, and that made me think, we have the letter hanging on our wall as a joke, and so i took it down and sure enough i said "for some reason she was brunette, not blonde."

both of our eyes widened in fear, did i kill the wrong girl? tooru had the idea of calling up an old friend, and honestly it was genius. "hey daichi! sorry to bother but can i ask you a couple of questions?" oikawa said to his phone.

we knew somebody who is working on her case. daichi sawamura, a distant friend, but he was always kind to us. so it was a good start. "okay great, i was wondering if i could see a photo of her body, i used to date her and i still want to know if shes really gone."

he said, daichi ended up sending us photos since tooru was one of his husbands best men, and he said if he didn't he wouldn't hear the end of it. and sure enough, it was her. her lifeless body, and it only raised more suspicion on who we killed.

we spent hours investigating, looking up missing people cases until we found one. 'maria tanjini' maria had traveled to japan, and went to a party, where then was never seem again. she had brown hair and green eyes just like emery.

i looked at oikawa, and he looked at me. we were so scared, but our nerves were calmed because we had to go to her funeral. and we felt horrible, her family looked miserable and i felt every bit of the pain they were feeling. i tried to forget what we just found out.

I just tried to remind myself that it was in the past, that who matters is eden and tooru. they matter, nobody else. i love them with my entire heart and I wouldn't change that for the world.

———————
16 years later.
———————

HAHA LEAVING YOU ON A CLIFFHANGER HAHAHAHAA