7- the body

me and oikawa frantically searched the house for chris, and we couldn't find him anywhere, the living room, moms room, kitchen, dining room, guest bedroom. no where. but we didn't check my room, it was the last place we wanted to find him right now, and as we realized thats where we needed to look, panic set in.

I hesitantly reached my hand for the doorknob, turning it slightly before oikawa stopped me, "wait, incase we get turned in *MWAH*" oikawa gave me a kiss on the lips before turning away and focusing on the doorknob again. i opened the door to see chris on my bed.

"oh hey." chris said, me and oikawa's eyes went wide, as chris turned to look at us. "normally, i stay out of your business, but if you're gonna kill a girl, don't leave her here to rot. she stinks." chris said with a straight face.

these are some of those moments where you question your own sanity, and i know for sure i was questioning mine. "are you mad?" i said, i was worried he'd kill us or something. he just shook his head and offered help. that shocked us more than anything.

"i know a good place, lets pack her up. we need to hurry before your mom gets home." chris said, before going to the garage to grab a tarp, oikawa looked at me, and i looked at oikawa. panic was risen in our eyes, i could of sworn my blood pressure risen by ten as well.

we packed her up, and climbed into the backseat of chris' pickup truck and began going to his spot. oikawa was holding my hand, he was shaken up a bit as well, he put his head on my shoulder, and i saw chris smirk in the review mirror.

i wrapped my arm around oikawa, and pulled him close, i wished i could of acted brave for him, but truthfully i was just as scared and it showed. chris suddenly stopped driving he burned out the cigarette that he was smoking and unbuckled his seatbelt.

he hopped out of the car and gave me and oikawa a moment, "i'm sorry i caused you all this trouble, i love you oikawa." i said, i felt guilty, oikawa didn't need to be wrapped up in my mess. after all, he wasn't involved at all. it was all me.

"don't with that. I wouldn't want to hide a body with anybody else. i love you, and you saved me. she did bad things to me iwa.." he said letting out a tear, i held him close in a hug before pulling away to kiss his little tears away.

it broke my heart to see him sad, he didn't deserve it. i placed my hand on his, and unbuckled myself. i opened my truck door and hopped out, oikawa followed suit and followed me. chris was taking her out of the tarp, rolled her onto the ground, he handed us masks..

he chopped her into pieces and lit her on fire. we watched from the bed of the truck as he took the ashes and the burned wood and dumped them into the river. this river lead to the ocean, he burned the evidence and it had the same fate as emery.

he entered the truck and yelled at us to get in, but besides that it was silent. it was getting late and oikawa cuddled into my side and fell asleep. i texted his parents from his phone that he'd be sleeping over at mine whilst we "studied"

about an hour later we were home, i carried oikawa inside and placed him on my bed. i took a shower and started cleaning my room. i hate having a messy room, it makes me upset. makes me feel uneasy, so when i clean i feel much better. i washed everything.

the walls, the floor, the carpet, my desk, everything. it was spotless, oikawa had woken up during this time and taken a shower as well. when he was out i was done cleaning. i felt much better as oikawa dragged me to bed, we fell asleep in each others arms.

——————————————

when we woke up, i walked into the kitchen to make some breakfast, when a news panel came on. "missing girl, emery mills went missing over the weekend, according to local school, aoba johsai she was a student there. and for the students safety, school is canceled for a week."

the news reporter said, before wishing the family prayers. i felt horrible, but thats when i felt pressure on my back, oikawa had hugged me from behind, which was something i really needed then, i loved his embrace, it made me feel calmer, he kissed my neck and pulled away.

i finished making breakfast when my mon came home. "oh hello oikawa-kun, how are you?" she asked, he said he was fine and followed with chitchat. she ended up going to bed, i'd imagine she's tired right now, she normally is at this time.

i looked at the calendar to see theres only a couple of weeks until graduation. its crazy to think that we will be adults soon, but maybe then it gets better..