Eagle Of Knights Chp3

~*Walk with wolves. Run with lions. Soar with eagles~*

Three months later

Borkan Tribe

The afternoon light trickled into the room from the open wooden window. Outside, the Borkan tribe bristled with energy going about their daily life. Winter had ascended upon the tribe causing the tribesmen to double the layers on their bodies. Shoug glanced outside into the courtyard of her house, then looked back inside. She sat in her chamber with Batool, her sister admiring the dresses. She ran her fingers over the exquisite gowns sprawled in front of her. Tracing the rich patterns of the dresses she knew existed only in Sham, Shouq beamed. The country her betrothed traded and lived in for the past five years.

Gaith.

She clamped her teeth over her bottom lip and whispered the name under her breath. Gaith. A trader from the Rashideen tribe. So renowned that women in her tribe prattled of Gaith's ventures of his tremendous wealth and; his sagacity.

Shoug had heard of the Rashideen merchant even before his mother asked for her hand. She often overheard stories of Gaith. How he had left to trade in Sham, how streets in Sham murmured of his name, for he had left them speechless. Within such a short period, Gaith had conquered and gained that much.

At first, Shoug did not think much of Gaith and the matrimony proposition. How could she, when there was another pair of brown eyes that twinkled in her brain? Oh! How once those eyes tormented her naive heart. Eyes that lurked in her dreams, her thoughts, even in her questions. She had once questioned Raghad of him, causing the Rashideen bride to gaze at Shouq in question.

She sighed, causing Batool to glance at her from the set of gold cuffs in her hands.

Shoug had waited and waited for Raghad's sibling, leader of the Rashideen tribe, to ask for her hand. However, not once had the knight displayed any inclination to have her as his spouse all those times, he had visited Raghad.

Not even once.

He would not glance at Shoug if it were not inevitable. And there was nothing she could have done about it. She pondered about appraising Raghad about it. However, dread of what Faris would think of her held her back. So Shoug, after refusing the proposal of eleven men, finally said yes to Gaith Al Rashideen, the shrewd merchant of Sham.

Prince of Knights, Faris had been ecstatic when Batool had informed them that Shoug had acceded to the proposal. He had rushed into her chamber to embrace his sister in his arms. "You have made us happy. May Allah make you happy." Faris had vocalized those words with his hand on Shoug's head. And it was from that moment on, her thoughts and feelings shifted in her heart, seeing the bright smile on Faris's face doused her naive feelings. Her reasoning in front of Faris's radiant smile felt as if they were a child's yearning.