Eagle Of Knights Chp6

__________________________

~*Your heart knows the way, run in that direction~* Rumi

Fourteen nights later

Badr stared in front, his throat going dry from the sight ahead of him. He hesitated, balked from crossing the boundaries of his tribe. Behind him, his knights stood in a line waiting for his command to enter the Rashideen tribe. However, Badr stood there staring at his tribe. Flashes of what had occurred a few moons came back to Badr, and he almost retreated.

Sensing Badr's turmoil Jabbir walked to stand beside him. The friends gazed at the mighty tribe decorating the land with uncountable tents and mud houses. "If you desire, we can return tomorrow."

A shaky breath whizzed past Badr's lips. He shook his head. "La, ya Jabbir, if I retreat now, I shall never return we know that."

"Then we cross the boundary?" Jabbir asked, without looking at Badr.

A short pause in time dipped its parchment into ink, "We cross the boundary." Eagle of knights tightened his hand on his ax and took his first step towards the Rashideen tribe.

His home.

His haven.

The afternoon sun attempted to provide warmth to the world around them; however, it failed, for the wind was strong, and winter was chilly.

The men behind Eagle of Knights glanced at each other and followed him after a short while. Jabbir kept his pace the same as Badr; he glanced over his shoulder at Badr's army and sighed.

"What is it? You have been sighing a lot these past few days." Badr questioned, eyes fixated on his tribe. He was going to see his mother: his siblings, and his father's grave. Badr did not know how he could coax his heart to lull. It had been gashing against his ribcage since the sun welcomed them.

"You believe it wise to permit them to stay in our tribe?" Jabbir's voice had a taut feeling to it. "Especially Omer and Thamir."

"I could not have them trail me here, which I knew Omer would do, seeing how he claims his sibling is the man behind all our misfortune."

"You believe he uttered the truth?" Jabbir's voice dropped an octave.

Badr contemplated over the conversation he had with Omer three weeks ago. He had apprised Eagle of Knights that Harib, the man Badr wanted to slaughter, was his sibling, and Omer was willing to aid Badr in locating Harib. Badr knew Omer and Thamir were concealing something from him, something paramount, and if Omer pondered, he can so naively fool Badr, he was up for a surprise.

Badr knew he was walking on broken shreds of glass by permitting a detrimental man like Omer to accompany him to his tribe, his home. However, Badr would rather Omer always stay in front of his watchful eye than lurk in shadows and ruse against him.