Chapter 7: I'm Sorry I Can't Fix Everything

Bella's POV

Ouch.. I thought as I woke up to an small unfamiliar room. My head was throbbing. I sat up and looked around, squinting my eyes to adjust them to the darkness. There was a small light coming from the door to the room which was in front of me at the end of the bed I was on. I decided to not leave the room until I check my surroundings first. The bed had black sheets, a red comforter, and red pillows. There were stuffed animals all over the bed beside me. On the right side there was a wall because the bed was in the corner of the room. On my left was a small nightstand with no drawers that had a small lamp on it. There was a tall dresser in the opposite corner of the room. It was just an old-fashioned brown one. There was one window with red curtains near the corner completely to my left. I decided to get up and look through it. I walked towards it and pulled back the curtains. It was boarded up and had bars that looked liked something you would find in a jail or prison in a vertical way, preventing any escape. I turned towards the door and decided to cautiously sneak around. I creaked the door open just enough for me to slip out, then I closed it the way it was before I opened it. I realized I was not on the bottom floor of, what looked like, a house. I knew this because in front of me was a railing and on the left and right of this floating hallway were stairs. There were a few rooms to the left and right, beside the room I just exited. I decided to walk to the right. I walked by the first room. The second room. The third. Then the last door. I made it to the stairs and walked down them slowly, each step, thankfully, not making any sound. I reached the bottom and looked around. It looked like a living room. I started to cautiously tip-toe into the room. The whole house was pretty dark, not as dark as the room I woke up in, but my eyes were fully adjusted so I could see fairly well. I reached one of the couches and noticed something. It was a person. I quickly ducked down behind the couch hoping that the figure didn't see me. "I heard you Bella. You can come out." The figure's voice said. I didn't move. I didn't know this person. 'No matter what a stranger says to you, you don't do anything unless they are holding you at gunpoint.' My dada's soft words ran through my head. I knew what he meant by 'unless they are holding you at gunpoint.' He meant in any life threatening situation. I miss him. And daddy. And everyone. I just realized how scared I am. "Come on Bella." The figure said again. I still didn't move a muscle. "Fine, I'll come get you myself." He said in a stern voice. I heard slow footsteps. Then suddenly I heard a flick and the lights were turned on. There were more heavy footsteps heading my way. I didn't budge. I was on my feet with my knees bent, my dress covering my thighs. The footsteps stopped.

Amaya's POV

"You promise that whatever our parents do, we will stick together?" Tera asked me quietly, our pinky's intertwined. "I promise." I told her. She hugged me tightly and left to go see Matty. I watched as my mother and my ma were discussing who it could be. I think they settled on avoiding Nina. They would sometimes hang out with her and talk. They tried to get Nina to get over Jeff and to stop harassing him and his family. Every time the subject would come up she would leave. Since my mother's were turning on her, I was too.

Ben POV

Still in the children's room where everyone once was, I watched from the children's bed where Matty laid just an hour ago. Jeff paced around, obviously worried. "I think you should sit down and try to relax for a bit." I explained to him calmly. "Relax?.. Relax?! Our daughter just got kidnapped and you're telling me to relax?!" He raised his voice as he slowly walked towards me. "I-I'm sorry." I stuttered quietly as I looked down. "Sorry is all you have to say?!" He grabbed my wrist. I couldn't respond to his words. His grip was so tight that it hurt. "I'm worried about her too." I said in a quiet tone, but loud enough for him to hear. "Well you really don't f***ing act like it." Was his last words before releasing my arm and turning around to leave the room. Black tears ran down my face as soon as I heard the door slam. "I'm sorry I can't fix everything." I muttered while crying into the empty room.

{822 words}