Louis Hospital

Jay POV
"Paul?" I answered the phone. It was nearly 5pm, and it was rare for Paul to call me - especially if it was at a time when I was occupied caring for the kids.
"Jay, I'm sorry to bother you as I'm sure you're busy, but Louis' had a bit of a medical emergency and he's in hospital. Do you have time to talk?"
"Of course, of course" I said as I looked to Dan and he took over with the cooking. "Is he alright, what happened"
"He started having cluster seizures in the elevator at our hotel in Dublin. He was taken to the hospital in ambulance about an hour and a half ago. They stitched up his face, and they've taken him in for some brain scans. He's still unconscious. I don't want to worry you, but I thought you should know" He explained and I felt sick to my stomach. My poor boy had been through so much in the past seven months, and he didn't need another hospital stay.
"Is he okay? What have you heard?" I started asking. "Nothing, I just got here and if his condition is serious I doubt they'd be able to tell me anything. I'll let you know if I know anything" Paul assured me
"Please, Paul. Please. I'll fly out there, please. I need to be with Louis, he needs his mum"
"I know he does, that's why I called. How about we wait and see how he is, and if need be, I'll book you the first flight out. He's going to be alright"
"Okay, Paul. Thank you, thank you. Once you can see him, if he's done with his scans and awake, please call me. I want to talk to him"
"Of course Jay. Now, I assume you were busy taking care of the girls, so why don't you go back to that. There's no point in worrying about Louis before we have something to worry about. Okay? I'll call you later"
"Alright, thank you Paul. Please call with any news. Goodbye" I said and he then hung up the phone.
"What's happened? Is Louis alright?" Dan asked once I put the phone down, and I shook my head. "Oh, honey, what's happened?"
"He's, he's in the hospital" I said, sniffling and doing my best to hold in the tears that were threatening to spill from my eyes. I couldn't cry and risk the girls seeing me. I didn't want to worry them, as Paul said, until there was something to worry about. "He started having cluster seizures and apparently split his face open. He's in for brain scans right now, and that's all Paul knew"
"Okay, honey. It's going to be okay" He said as he helped me to a chair. "Here let me grab you some water, you've gone pale"

Dan, being as amazing as he is, managed to feed the girls and get them ready for bed, while I stared at my phone waiting for any news.
"Anything?" He asked as he climbed into bed next to me. I hadn't even realized how much time had passed, and it was now 10pm.
"No, nothing. Nothing. My poor boy" I said as tears came to my eyes for about the hundredth time that night.
I hadn't cried when I heard of the crash, I hadn't cried when he was diagnosed with epilepsy and had an four hour long brain surgery, but now. Now he was in the hospital again, unable to catch a break and probably scared out of his mind. I needed my boy to be okay. I needed for him to not be in pain. If I could, I would switch places with him in a heartbeat, take all of his suffering and make it my own; just so he that he could be okay.
I was snapped from my thoughts when my phone began ringing, an incoming call from Paul.
"Here, babe, speaker" Dan said as he reached for my phone, putting it on speaking
"Paul? Is he okay?" I asked immediately
"I don't know anything of his condition yet, but I suggest you head to St Thomas' in London. They're transporting him there in a helicopter right now. Apparently they have the best neuro team in all of Europe" Paul said somewhat grimly
I failed to choke back a sob and Dan was quick to put his arm around me in an attempt to comfort me.
"I, I need to go to London. Now" I said as I pushed myself away from Dan
"No, honey. Shh. Paul, do you know when he is due to arrive?"
"I'd expect within the next hour or two. I booked myself and Liam a flight there for early this morning. Preston is going to fly the other three boys out to London later tomorrow, as they have some prep to do for the album release anyways"
"Okay, thank you Paul, thank you." I said as I did my best to collect myself. "I'll see you in the morning, then"
"Yes, see you then. Keep me updated"
"Will do" Dan said before the line disconnected. "Okay honey, let's pack some of our things. I'm going to go tell Lottie what's going on, alright? And then I'll drive you to London"
"Tell me he's going to be okay. Please, just say it" I begged as he cooed and brushed his hair back
"Louis has been through so much. So, so much. He's very strong and he's going to be okay. I promise" He assured me, and I nodded before he left the room.
I grabbed multiple nights worth of clothing, some of Louis' favorite chocolates, and a couple of magazines.
Then Dan and I headed off, starting our 4 hour drive to London.