Louis Medication Trial

No One's POV
"Mum? Mummy?" Louis whispered before noticing that Jay was asleep in a chair. Nurse Sheila was quick to his side, ready to cater to his needs.
"How are you feeling, Louis?" She asked
"What time, is it?" Louis mumbled groggily, and Nurse Sheila looked at the watch on her wrist
"It's about 1:30 in the morning, so I suggest you try to get a bit more sleep," She said and Louis reached up and touched the tape squares that were holding wire sensors to his head. "Don't touch those, Louis. Remember what Doctor Leschziner said yesterday? We are going to track your brain patterns today so that we can find some medicine that works for you." Sheila explained as she gently lowered Louis' hand back down to the bed.
"Oh. Feel weird." Louis said and Nurse Sheila looked at a screen that monitored Louis' brainwaves and neurological behaviors.
"Okay, I'm going to page a doctor and he will be here in a moment. You may be going into a seizure." She said as Louis began grunting.
"Dont, wanna" Louis choked out between grunts and Sheila turned him onto his side and slid an oxygen mask onto his face.
"You paged?" A new doctor asked as he came into the room and immediately went over to the screen to check Louis' brainwave outputs. "How long has he been like this?"
"About two minutes."
"Okay. Louis, can you hear me?" The doctor said before continuing. "Louis, I'm Doctor Thomasin, you're going into a seizure, but you're safe."
"Oh, honey." Jay said as she woke up and was quick to her son's side. It was only seconds before Louis began convulsing.
The seizure lasted four minutes, which was longer than one of Louis' normal seizures, but Doctor Thomasin assured Jay that it was only because he didn't have any medication in his system. It didn't do much to calm Jay's nerves, but seeing that nobody seemed worried did help a little.
"You're okay, sweetheart. You did so well, I'm so proud of you," Jay cooed, running her hand through her son's hair as he began to come to
"Mm. Mmuah. Muum" Louis moaned and Jay carefully bent down and kissed his head, burying her nose into his hair.
"I'm right here honey, okay? I'm right here" Jay soothed, forcing herself not to break down for Louis' sake.

Over the next few minutes, Louis came to more and more, and eventually was fully with it but very tired.
"Okay, Louis, now I suggest you try and get some more sleep because today's going to be a long day. Does that sound alright to you?" Doctor Thomasin asked and Louis nodded.
"I'm going to take this mask off of you, okay?" Nurse Sheila said as she carefully pulled the oxygen mask off of his face. Louis laid back and closed his eyes, sleep taking him quite quickly.

It was a few hours before Louis had his next seizure, which not so conveniently happened just as he began eating his breakfast.
"Don't you have to do some PR stuff today?" Louis asked Liam just as the patient server wheeled a cart into Louis' room.
"Nope, you're stuck with me all day Lou. Unless of course you want me to leave, and then I'm sure Paul and everyone could find something for me to do." Liam said and Louis shook his head.
"Nope, you're not leaving. You gotta stay with me all day" Louis decided and Liam chucked. Then Nurse Jen helped to situate Louis' breakfast tray.
"Alright Louis, eat up" Nurse Jen said and Louis gave her a small smile before eating a spoonful of oatmeal.
"How's it taste, mate?" Liam asked, knowing Louis' detest for oatmeal.
"Like hospital oatmeal," Louis muttered before taking another bite.
After eating two more bites, Louis put the spoon down.
"You're not going to make me spoon feed that to you, are you?" Nurse Jen joked and Louis rubbed his eyes.
"Mm no" Louis mumbled before scrunching his face up.
"What's wrong, Louis?" Liam asked and Louis just groaned.
"Are you feeling alright, Louis?" Nurse Jen asked before she looked at the EEG monitor.
"Think 'm gonna, have a seiz. Seiz, argh" Louis struggled as his muscles began to tense and Nurse Jen moved the tray food tray away. She then laid the bed flat and slid the oxygen mask over his face.
"Liam, would you be a doll and press the call button on the pager?" Nurse Jen requested as she rolled Louis onto his side.
"Which one?" Liam asked, looking at the two buttons on the small device.
"The red one, it says emergency on it" She said and Liam quickly did so.
Within seconds, Doctor Leschziner was in the room.
There wasn't much for anyone, even the doctor to do, as they weren't trying to actively stop the seizure, but rather were forced to simply wait it out.
"Okay Louis, you're okay" Liam cooed as Louis became fully gone, and began convulsing. Liam had seen so many of Louis' seizures, but he doubted it would be something he would ever get used to.
"Do you know where his mother went, Liam? This is going to be a long day for him and I think it would help him to have her here." Nurse Jen said and Liam shifted his focus away from his fitting friend.
"I reckon she went to try and contact Louis' step-father, well, ex-step father" Liam said and she nodded. Liam dreaded knowing that this was probably only the second of many seizures that Louis was going to have that day.
As the seizure was just reaching the three minute mark, Louis slowed, his spasms becoming only small tremors, and then reducing to nothing.
"You did so well, Louis, so well." Liam soothed, reaching out and touching Louis' hair, being careful of the EEG sensors and the bandaging on Louis' forehead.
"I'm sorry, Liam, but I'm going to have to have you step aside for just one moment, I just want to check that Louis is doing okay" Doctor Leschziner politely requested, moving away quickly to let him have a look
Doctor Leschziner pulled out a small torch from the pocket of his white coat, shining the light into each of Louis' eyes.
"Is he okay?" Liam then asked. Louis had had a few seizures now, since he was admitted the day before, and the doctor had never done this after one of his previous fits.
"Yes, he seems alright. He didn't have much brain activity when the seizure first finished, so I just wanted to make sure that he was fine. As you can see though if you look at the screen here," Doctor Leschinzer explained while directing Liam to look at the EEG monitor, "His brain signals have increased in magnitude. Hopefully he will wake up within the next few minutes."
Unfortunately, rather than waking up, about twenty seconds later, Louis went back into another seizure.
"Shit, Lou? Louis?" Liam panicked as he watched Louis' muscles contract again.
"Cluster seizures. Shall I administer diazepam?" Nurse Jen asked as she reached for a needle
"No, no. Not yet. We'll wait out this seizure, and if he goes into another one after that, then we can give him an anticonvulsant." Doctor Leschziner said, not wanting to mess with the medication trial data.
After forty seconds, Louis' seizure reduced to tremors, and then to nothing.
"Come on, Lou, wake up" Liam whispered, wishing that he could reach out to touch Louis.
"Urg. Muh. Lum. Lim, Li" Louis groaned as his eyes flicked beneath his eyelids.
"I'm right here, Louis. You're okay," Liam cooed, trying to keep his voice level. Watching Louis go into a second seizure had given him flashbacks to seeing Louis in the elevator, something he had been trying hard not to picture or think about.
"Alright, Louis? It's Doctor L, can you hear me? You've just had two seizures, so just take it easy and keep coming around for us."
"...don...feel...good" Louis mumbled quietly, his words being even further masked by the oxygen mask that he was still wearing.
"Okay Louis, that's normal after having cluster seizures. You'll be okay." Doctor Leschziner assured him.
Before even having the chance to respond, Louis coughed, gagged, and proceeded to vomit right into the mask.
"Oh. Alright sweetie, let me take that off" Nurse Jen said quickly as Louis began coughing and she removed the oxygen mask from his face and placed it into the sick basin that was near the bed.

Once she got Louis cleaned up, Doctor Leschziner did a quick neuro exam to make sure that Louis was okay, before leaving Louis to rest.
Louis was asleep in no time, and slept for the rest of the day, aside from five more seizures that he had to suffer through. Liam and Jay never left his side.

Three seizure-filled days later, they administered a dose of medication, the first of which that managed to get Louis through the night seizure-free.
"Goodmorning, Louis" Nurse Sheila greeted as Louis yawned and fluttered his eyes open.
"How are you feeling today, Tommo? Still sleepy?"" Niall asked, it being his day to hang out with Louis.
"A bit tired, yeah" Louis replied, giving Niall a small smile.
"How about we get you some breakfast," Nurse Sheila suggested and Louis nodded, soon having a tray with a yogurt and an oatmeal on it. "Okay Louis, I'm going to need you to eat all of that for me."
Louis groaned and gave her a pleading look. He really wasn't a fan of oatmeal.

Unfortunately for Louis, she didn't give in and Louis had to stomach all of his breakfast. It wasn't until two hours later that he noticed the stomachache that it had given him.

"So, yesterday we were rehearsing and Louis, you should have heard it, Zayn had one of the worst voice cracks I've heard and it was so funny. I mean seriously, it was like... You and I-AAAa" Niall laughed, but Louis was too consumed by the uneasiness in his stomach to laugh back.
"Ha, yeah. That sounds like it was funny" Louis said quietly.
"You feeling okay, Tommo? You're so quiet" Niall asked as he squeezed Louis' hand
"Yeah, 'm just feeling a bit sick is all"
"Do you think you're going to throw up?" Niall then asked and Louis nodded subtly. Nurse Sheila quickly retrieved a metal bowl to be sick into.
It didn't take long before Louis was emptying his stomach.

And that was the rest of the day for Louis, no seizures but constant vomiting, which somehow was even more discouraging to him. He just so desperately wanted to find a medicine that would work for him.

That night, Jay came back to visit her son in the hospital, as she had gone home for a few days to be with the girls.
'Hi darling," Jay cooed, running her hand through her son's hair.
"Hi mum" Louis whispered, his voice but raspy after spending the majority of the day getting sick.
"I heard you've had a bit of a tough day"
"Yeah, but I didn't have any seizures. I just wanna get better"
"I know honey, I know you do. I want you to. But they'll find you some medicine, okay? It'll all be okay" Jay cooed as she squeezed herself onto Louis' bed and cuddled up next to him.
"Are you gonna stay? Like for a few days? I missed you" Louis said weakly, looking up to his mum as if he was a little kid.
"Of course honey" Jay promised, and Louis began letting himself drift off to sleep in his mother's arms.