Chapter 12: Loss

"I- I killed somebody."

___________________

A/N: This chapter deals with death, gore, and mostly everything you'd expect in a homicide case. Be warned.

"You, you what?" You asked, your frame beginning to shake. 

"I-- Mother-- killed someone.  S-she was in the house, mother's bedroom, a-a-a-and she had a camera. She was taking pictures of e-everything. The bed, the vanity, everything. She had gloves on, a-and she was touching things. Mother got mad and ran at her and she screamed. T-then mother stabbed her a-and then I was just standing there and she was... She was dead on the floor and my hands were covered in b-blood. I didn't know what to do. That's why I looked at you suspiciously. I- I thought maybe you saw the blood and knew," Norman detailed. 

You slowly stood up and dropped the knife. 

"I- I..." You, not knowing what else to do, ran inside. 

"Michael! Michael!" You screamed. "MICHAEL!" 

Michael, clearly alarmed by your sudden need for him, ran down from the stairs. He had his knife in his hands, showing he was ready to defend you. 

"Michael, I need to talk to you," You orated, your voice shaking and yours eyes filling with tears of fear. 

Michael gestured for you to follow him up the stairs. You did and followed him up into his room. He pointed to the bed, asking you to sit down, and pulled up his desk chair. 

"Norman killed somebody," You quavered.

Michael seemed unfazed.

"So?" 

"So? So?!" Michael, somebody is dead! How are you so nonchalant about this?" You cried. 

"Y/N, you are forgetting that we are killers. I understand you are not." 

"No! I'm not! I am a normal, sensible human being! I don't kill people because I care!" 

"I understand. If you're a sensible human being, than you can help Norman." 

"I can WHAT?"  You screamed. 

"Help Norman. He has a cleanup process, but he'll need help getting rid of the body. Last time, he was able to carry it a few feet out the door and drive the car to a pond. Now, he'll have to carry it down a bunch of stairs and into a car." 

"No! I am not going to be associated with murder! I am fine with living with a few murderers, but helping to cover up a murder? No! It's not happening!" 

"If you do not assist, do not think I will not leave you in the cell for a week." 

You shut up. If you were in the cell for a week, you would come out absolutely distorted. Your bladder couldn't hold that long, not to mention your muscles. You would not withstand that. 

"You'll owe me." 

"Your conditions?"

"I get to get my phone and laptop. I will delete all contacts with everyone. I will put in everyone's contact information. I will not attempt to escape through means of these; I promise. If I do, I'll tell you what. If you catch me after I escape, I'll let you kill me. If I try to escape, I'll let you put me in the cell for two weeks. I won't fight you. Just let me out once a day to use the bathroom." 

Michael pondered for a moment before replying. 

"Deal. Now, get ready to go now. I will have Norman drive. Jed will come, too."