Prologue: Deserted

Hello everyone, this is my first ever story written on here, sorry if there's spelling errors, I try. And I am very thankful towards anyone that reads this. (This story includes: romance, horror, blood, adventuring, and monsters.)
_________________________________________

"Finally, free from my family", you let out a sigh of relief knowing you wouldn't have to see them again for awhile,

they were always a hassle and you were never really close with them. Though they said they wanted you to visit them at least sometimes."Alright, now, where am I headed to from here?" you say in question towards yourself, you had turned out of a resting place around 40 minutes ago, done from using the restroom, since you had a ways to go before getting back to your hotel.

"Mm" peering down at the gps, the dot -which was you- suddenly dissapeared off the blue line you were following, the line soon went away aswell. "what?" You tapped the screen of it -which was apart of the front of your car- but nothing happened. You even tried re-entering the address of your hotel but it did no good.
"Damn fucking middle of no where." you muttered "nothing else is familiar" you said looking around "I don't know my way back"

"Damn damn damn" you kept driving regardless, though irritated. You tapped your finger impatiently on the steering wheel, looking around trying to pin point anything that was familiar that would help you.
"Maybe this way?" you made a right,
and then another few turns that weren't even correct, becoming more far away from everything. Eventually, coming onto a new terrain, something more pulling, you looked over the road. "..mud? so much for having a clean car, mm." You drove pretty far on the road, the scenery was a drastic change from street lights and sidewalks.

Your surroundings started to look more luscious with nature, it looked abandoned, as if no one owned it being just there."I think I definitely made a wrong turn, and not just one" you laughed slightly, being nervous, not a moment later the car began to shake.
"Uh-"
The engine made loud rough noises. "no no no no" it slowly gave out and smoke piled up underneath the hood and seeped out after a minute or so, the car came to a holt, you made sure you were off the road before it completely stopped.

"what the hell!" You hit the palms of your hands on the steering wheel a few times, slowly becoming more calm, though your heartbeat wasn't. "it's fine, you're fine." you inhaled "fine be that way, stupid peice of shit"
You reached for your phone but realized it was gone, feeling your empty pocket
you had left it at your family's house. "Fuck!! Is my day going to get any worse?" you kept yourself from just beating the shit out of your car, really needing to let off steam, there was no way you were going to be completely calm at the moment.

You finally opened the car door but harshly, though quickly being hit with the hard winds of outside, you let out a shaky breath, the cold air felt refreshing to your lungs, though painful to the back of your throat. Getting up you immediately felt the slippery texture of snow under your boots, aswell as the the crunch of snow. You almost slipped being used to stepping out fast. "well!, this would be a great time to have a heater and not fucking freeze."
you slammed your car door with anger, being careful not to almost slip again, some patches of the ground were firm with mud but most was snow.

"Maybe people live around here  somewhere, I just know it.." looking up into the woods, you glanced at trees that were slightly covered with snow from the last storm, you could tell it wasn't from today. You knew it was about to get a lot colder, seeing as the sun started going down more. "Just love the month of Feburary.."

"There might be another snow storm, or maybe just freezing temperatures, hah "just" ..sigh." another gust of wind hits you, making you shiver, you developed goosebumps all over your arms, making you wrap them around yourself. The jacket you had on didn't seem to be of much help.

"I have to search in those woods, either that or freeze to death in my car." you glanced back at the pathetic transportation you call a car. "you've always had problems." You turn back and look both ways slowly making sure no one was coming before crossing the road, luckily, your car gave you a few seconds before it stopped so you could park it off the road.

"alright, I'm good, I won't be kidnapped or killed..hopefully.. I am not completely stupid." You motivated yourself. "wait" you remembered, you took your backpack off that you still had on and set it down on the ground for a moment, checking. "first aid, water, a pair of clothes, an apple, and.. a switch blade, alright, I can get through. Family is family but the world is the world" you said glancing at the blade you always took with you, trying to be safe.

You close the backpack and put it on securely behind you, walking a few steps closer to the entrance of the woods, fog creeped out of the trees.. and you felt as if someone was watching you, you took a deep breath.

"I'll survive"

________________________________________

Side note:

I made this as gender neutral as possible, though it is leaning towards female.

Until next time, goodbye ♡