Last Man Standing

The dirt crunched under Daryl's foot as he moved swiftly through the forest. As much as he hated to admit it, he hated being seporated from beth. But for as long as he lived, he would attempt to persuade himself otherwise. ''Hold it right there,'' Daryl wiped around at the voice behind him before lowering his weapon. ''Daryl?.'' Maggie dropped her gun and ran to give the man a hug. ''Where are the others?.'' He asked and she smiled softly.''Rick, Carl and Michonne are with me.. I don't know where everyone else is.'' Daryl felt his feet go cold. ''B-Beth's not here?.'' He asked and maggie shook her head with teary eyes. ''She was with me for weeks, then she left one morning saying she went to look for you and I haven't seen her since.'' It was clear to maggie the amount of pain in his voice and she felt tears prick at her eyes. She could be anywhere - hell dead for all they knew. ''We need to tell the others!.'' Maggie yelled as she picked up her gun and yanked Daryl's arm in the direction of the camp.

-

''So she just left?.'' Rick asked and Daryl nodded as he stared into the flames. ''We gotta find her Rick.'' His voice was thick and throaty. Rick shook his head and sighed. ''The chances of her bein' alive are very slim.. she's been out there for weeks Daryl.'' Daryl was about to open his mouth to speak before he was cut off. ''If you ain't gonna find her, I will.'' Maggie stormed out leaving both rick and daryl stunned. Daryl was quick to his feet and followed closely behind her. ''It's just me and you dixon.'' She said as she pulled the knife from her belt and swiftly moved through the trees which seemed like they went on for miles. ''So what exactly happened?.'' She whispered quietly and Daryl frowned. ''I woke up and she left a note sayin' she went to go find ya'.''

Maggie stopped. ''Your a goddamn tracker! why didn't you follow her?!.''

''I can take care of myself.'' Daryl bit his lip for a moment, ''She can take care of herself, she said so herself.'' Maggie shook her head in disbelief before whipping around and continuing to walk, She was right, it was stupid of Daryl not to follow her but he had this feeling in his gut they'd meet again.

He knew it.

Hey okay so i know this chapter sucked ass but im working on making it better as we go along so bare with me!

xx, aut