"This is it bethy."

"I've only been here one night and I already miss it." Beth said as she took one last look at the house. "I know but we gotta keep movin' if we wanna make it to Alexandria,"
Romona took one last look at the house before patting beth on the back. "C'mon."

-
(Hours later)

"This is it bethy," Romona said looking up at the tall steel gates. "We made it." Beth stood there in shock. They had actually made it. The gates began opening and a woman stands on the otherwise of the fence. "We saw the signs, is this Alexandria?." The woman smiled before opening the gates. "Welcome." The two stepped inside and looked around. There were houses, and children, elders sitting on the porch - beth thought she was in her dreams.

"My name is Gladdice, I am the founder of the sanctuary, and you are?.."

"Romona Piper, and this is Beth Greene. We saw your signs in hopes of joining your community." Gladdice smiled. "Of course, we've always got room here," the girls smiled. "But first we gotta frisk you, we'll take your weapons for now. You can sign them out at anytime if your leavin' the sanctuary." Romona's smile faded, as she was just about to speak beth cut cut her off.

"If we were gonna do somethin', dont you think we would have done it already?." Beth noticed Gladdice would not budge, so she sighed before handing over her gun and knife. "You too Romona." Gladdice said and she narrowed her eyes. "Mona, give it to her." Beth said sternly and Romona rolled her eyes and handed over her weapons.

"Great, now follow me. I'll show you to your housing units." The two followed Gladdice further into the community when a police officer stopped her. "Ahh, officer Jessie, this is beth and romona. They are the newest additions to our community." Jessie's blue eyes scanned over the two girls. "Would you mind bringing them to 119?." Jessie nodded and walked in the direction of the house. "Follow me."

The two girls felt uneasy with Jessie. Something about her made them mildly uncomfortable. When they reached the house, Jessie pulled out a key and unlocked the door. Romona pushed her out of the way and ran inside. Just as beth was about to pass her, she grabbed her by the wrist. "You tell your friend never to push me again. Understand?." Jessie's fingernails dug into Beth's skin as she nodded. She released her hand and walked down the porch steps.

"Bitch.." Beth whispered. "Beth! Beth come!." Beth ran inside the house to find Romona in the kitchen playing with the tap. "Running water!." She yelled happily. "Yeah yeah, listen I'm gonna go shower, I'll be back in a bit."

-

Beth wiped the steamy mirror with a towel and sighed. She couldn't remember the last time she had showered. She almost forgot how nice it felt to be clean.

Knock knock knock

Beth jumped from the sudden bang on the door. She wrapped the towel tighter around herself before opening it. Gladdis stands there holding nicely folded clothes. "Thought you could use clean clothes." She said and beth smiled. "Oh," she laughed softly. "Yeah, thanks." She took the clothes from her hands and closed the door once more. Gladdis had brought her a pair of black jeans and a blue hoodie. Beth dried her hair then tied it back in a tight ponytail before slipping into the warm, clean clothes Gladdice had brought her.

Beth walked downstairs to find Romona sitting down on the couch. "Jesus you take so long to shower." She said and beth laughed. "Had to shower in the frigging neighbors house for gods sake!." Beth looked Down at her feet, slightly embarrassed before sitting down next to her. "You think we can live here?." Beth asked and Romona nodded.

"Fuck yeah, running water, food, power - we ain't gonna find nothin' better then this!." Beth shrugged. "Guess so.."

"Oh, here," Romona said getting up and walking into the kitchen. Beth raised her eyebrow and watched Romona return with a bottle of wine and two glasses. She poured the contents of the bottle into the cups and handed one to beth. "Home sweet home."

Heyyy

Okay so its crappily written, i know. It was kinda rushed but eh

Love you
Aut,xx