"Little dixon"

Beth lays awake in her bed. She couldn't drown out aspen's screams and cries. Its my fault.. She thought as stray tears dripped down the sides of her face. She could just see aspen crying out for her right now and it cut beth to the core knowing she cant cradle her, sing to her, comfort her and tell her everything was gonna be alright.

But things were far from alright. And beth hated to admit it but it was true.

Knock knock knock

"Bethy?." Maggie slowly opens the door and beth huffs and rolls over to the other side. "What do you want?." She said coldly. Maggie places a smoothie on her dresser before sitting on the edge of the bed. "I know your mad at me still but i don't think you should be grieving alone-"

"If you didn't lock me in my room it wouldn't have happened!." Beth snapped. "Beth-"

"No! Get out of my house!." Maggie sighs before getting up. "I didn't lock the door beth, it wasn't me.." With that she left the room. Beth looked over at the smoothie, it was in a mason jar with a black straw. She carefully picked it up and took a sip. She felt guilty but she knew she needed it.

"Hey babygirl," Daryl says while he leans on the doorframe and watches her work away at the smoothie. Beth faintly smiles. "How you feeling?."

"Like shit..still." She says Honestly and he frowns before joining her on the bed. "Hows little dixon?." He asks with a grin as he rubs her stomach. "He or she is good, i think."

"You think?." Beth scratches the back of her neck and sighs. "Yeah, haven't felt it move in a few days.." Daryl feels his heart sink. "But thats natural, right?."

"Yeah its most likely cause I'm too emotionally numb to focus on uh, 'little dixon." Daryl smiles faintly before laying down on his back. "I hope it's okay." Beth sighs and takes his hand. "It will be daryl, don't worry."

-