Tomorrow

"If the bleeding doesn't stop soon, then we're going to lose her.." Maggie's voice croaks. "No. No. No." Daryl says. Beth could hear him crying beside her and she felt her heart break in two. I choose to live repeated over and over. She knew she was a fighter, it would take a little more then blood loss to get rid of her.

It took all of her to open her eyes, and when she did, she weakly reached for Daryl's hand. "Beth?." He asked surprised as he wrapped his arms around her. "I was so scared I was going to lose you." She smiled for a moment. "I chose to live daryl. I can't leave my husband and child." Those words melted his heart.

"Speaking of the child, where is she?." She asked, looking around the room. Maggie brings her over and places her in Beth's arms. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she looked at the little life form in her arms. "I named her Iris." Daryl said softly and she smiled. "My iris." She said. "You mean, ours." Beth stuck her tongue out at him and laughed. "Once your strong enough, we need to find somewhere safer." Daryl said as he tucked a strand of blond hair behind her ear. "I am strong enough."

"Beth-"

"Don't, we need to start moving." Daryl sighed. He knew he wouldn't win this battle. "We'll leave tomorrow, you just woke up." He said simply and she nodded.

Tomorrow it is then.