8.

ELINA

"One hamburger and fries please." I ordered from the school's cafeteria and grabbed an empty seat in the corner. My table was empty just like always and trust me I couldn't be more thankful.

I took a bite of the hamburger and my taste buds protested not to eat another bite. Food sucks here but I don't have any other option. This is the first meal of my day. Yeah, I don't do breakfast. Honestly, I don't get enough time in the morning to prepare something edible for myself. Some days, I manage to eat cereals but I am not much fan of it. So I usually skip it.

Not being able to eat further, I put the hamburger aside and munch on the fries which tasted like shit.

Releasing a sigh, I looked around. There was an usually rush in the cafeteria at lunch hour.

My eyes fell on the familiar purple haired boy. He sat above the table with our soccer's captain Ethan, Jungkook and others members of the team whom I don't know. They all were laughing at something. I pursued my lips together and wondered that how perfect his life is. Practically he has everything. Charming looks, popular among girls, straight A student and what else one could need to survive high school?

"Kim." An annoying voice echoed in the cafeteria and it took me no minute to realise that who she was.

Nicole.

"Yes, Adams." Taehyung said, sarcastically.

I held back my laughter and waited for her reply.

"But my name is Nicole." She pouted.

"And my name is Taehyung." He made a face.

"Uh...I find it hard to pronounce your name, Taehyung." She pouted again. This time taking his name in her horrible accent.

"Call me Kim, please." He snickered.

This time I couldn't help but laugh.

Nicole is one annoying brat. Although she's the most beautiful girl of the school having sea green eyes and blond hair cascading down her shoulder, slender figure, tanned skin. She's dream for all the boys. Oh and I forgot to mention that she's Taehyung girlfriend. She goes around boasting everywhere that she's his girlfriend but not for once I heard from Taehyung that they're in relationship.

Well, it's not like I care about what's going between them but I find it quite amusing that how could Nicole be so crazy for him when he got the reputation for breaking hearts and sleeping around?

He's such a bad news. I mean if I were in her place then I would've never paid any attention to him.

Yeah! And you're the one to be in his arms last night.

I facepalm myself at my thoughts mocking me.

"Yo, Elina. Why don't you join us?" He waved at me from distance.

I blinked, kicking myself out of my daze and realize that I was staring at him from so long.

Shit!

I averted my eyes away from him and thought of ignoring him but now all the attention were on me. I clenched my inner cheeks and a wave of nervousness passed through my mind.

I don't want attention.

"Elina?" He called out my name, again.

That bastard!

I stood up hastily and took reluctant steps towards him. As I reached the table where he was, I clamped my hands in hesitation. "Hey..." I said, awkwardly.

"Grab a seat." Jungkook smiled warmly at me.

I nodded and sat next to Jungkook.

Through my periphery I noticed every pair of eyes on me. Off course they'll notice after all right now I am in between the most popular kids of school. Handsome jocks, soccer's team captain Ethan, school's beauty queen Nicole, most decent guy Jungkook and the heartthrob Kim Taehyung.

This is no good.

"Who's she?" Nicole asked, not even bothering to look at me.

I forrowed my eyebrows but didn't say anything. Now it's official that I hate her more than I hate Taehyung.

"Friend." Jungkook answered.

She rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath.

Bitch.

"Never noticed you before." Ethan said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I...."

"She's beautiful, man!" One of them said and others hooted in excitement.

My face turned beet red. This is overwhelming.

Nicole made a face then wrapped her arms around Taehyung. It was clear that she wanted to show me that he's her boyfriend.

Girl, I am not even interested in him. You can happily have him. No hard feelings.

"You know right that I don't like when you do this." Taehyung hissed, shoving her hands away from him.

She pouted, trying to act cute.

I had an urge to puke. Seriously? How many times is she going to pout?

Jesus Christ, Elina. What's freaking wrong with you? Why are you getting annoyed by her every single action?

"Would you like to eat anything?" Taehyung asked.

I shook my head. "No. I'm full."

"But you didn't even finish your hamburger." He added, passing me his burrito.

I gawked at his burrito and then at him. How come he knows that I didn't eat the hamburger?

I took the burrito but didn't even dare to eat it. I am not going to eat the food he had already eaten. I mean just imagine the amount of germs.

Ew. Gross.

I shuddered at my thoughts.

"Isn't someone getting concerned?" Ethan laughed, patting the shoulder of Taehyung.

"Kim, I am famished." Nicole blurted out.

"You know that you can order the food?" He asked, now getting annoyed of her.

I bite my lips and fixed my eyes at the table. This is weird. I don't want to be here anymore.

"Dude, is there something going on between you and her? One of the boys asked, pointing at me.

Taehyung tilted his head and looked into my direction. A mischievous smirk appeared on his face and that was enough for me to know that everything in my life is going to change from now on.

"We spent a night at her home." He winked.