12.

ELINA

ELINA

I swallowed a thick lump down my throat and tried to act calm. "We are not that close to share about our personal lives."

He took a sip of his coffee and hummed softly. "Well you're my girlfriend so-"

"I'm not your girlfriend, Taehyung." I snapped.

"Relax. I was trying to lighten up your mood." He chuckled, patting my head.

What's wrong with him? Why he's acting so friendly all of sudden?

"Don't tell me that you're planning another prank on me." I asked, scanning his face for a good second.

"I'm not." He smiled, reveling his perfectly white teeth.

Uh. Okay.

"You know, sometimes it's okay to open up." He patted my head, again.

Seriously. What's wrong with him?

"Are you okay? Why are you acting weird?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders in response but didn't say anything. I waited impatiently for him to open his mouth but alas! He's such an ass.

"Well-I think I should leave." I said to him after disposing the paper coffee mug in the nearby bin.

"I know it may be uncomfortable for you to talk about but do you get nightmares often about what happened to you in the past?"

With a heavy heart, I turned around and let out a humourless laugh. “Don't try to act as if you care. My personal life is none of your concern.”

He bite the corner of his lips and for a moment, his eyes carefully studied my face before he sighed. “I know. I'm sorry....I thought that maybe you'd feel better after talking about it.”

I clicked my tongue in disbelief. “What's wrong with you? Are you high or something? Don't tell me you smoke joint instead of nicotine.”

He pinched the bridge of his nose and crushed the paper cup. I forrowed my eyebrows in confusion when he took long strides and stood mere a breath away from me. He placed his hands on my shoulder and passed me a tight smile. “I don't do drugs, Elina.”

I almost rolled my eyes. Almost. “As if I care.”

He chuckled. His chest vibrating as he softly massage my shoulders. He smells of sandalwood, something like a fresh breeze in summer's morning. I never paid attention to this before maybe because he often wears a strong cologne. I blinked, daring to look into his eyes and surprisingly for the first time I found them gentle.

Why his eyes are gentle?

I kept on looking straight into his eyes for god knows how long when I felt him tugging a hair lock behind my ear.

“You should smile often. It suits you.” He whispered.

I held back a sarcastic remark and decided to maintain a distance from him but before that could happen, he snuggled his one arm around my waist making a strange emotion irked in my heart.

“Wh—What are you doing?” I shuttered.

“Be my girlfriend.”

“WHAT?” I screamed, staring at his face in shock.

He's really high, isn't he?

“Be my fake girlfriend. I promise I won't let anyone bully you.” He added.

I clenched my fists and turned my head to the side. I know. Now I fucking know that why he's acting all strange to me. He's not concerned about me. Instead he feel pity for me.

I gritted my teeth and with every bit of force in me, I pushed him away. “So you're going to be my knight in shining armour after ruining my school life?”

He opened his mouth to say something but ended up just looking at me, helplessly.

“You're a disgusting, Kim Taehyung. You're a fucking disgusting.” I yelled.

He clenched his jaw and all of sudden his eyes changed. “What's your problem, Elina?”

“You're the problem. Can't you see that I just want to stay the hell away from you.” I said as politely as I can.

He exhaled and took my chin in-between his thumb and two finger. I resisted but he forced me look at him. “Let me help you.”

Huh?

“Let me help you to forget your demons.” He creased the skin of my cheeks with his thumb.

I stood there dumbfounded, not being able to react in any way. “It's because you pity me, don't you?”

He shook his head. “I don't do charity, Elina.”

“Leave me. I don't want anything from you.” I shoved his hands away.

But instead he smiled and pulled me in a tight hug. I resisted him with every inch of energy in me but he didn't let me go and after awhile, I stopped myself from resisting his warm embrace at all. I let my body relax and unknowingly put my head on his shoulders. I didn't hug him back but his tight yet comfortable arms around me were enough for me to just for once forget about everything and accept how fucked up I'm. Biting the corner of my lips, I closed my eyes and i don't even know when tears started streaming down my face.

“I'm tired, Taehyung. I'm tired of everything.” I whispered.

“I know, love.” He spoke softly and rubbed my back without saying anything else.