Chapter : 17 Almost kiss

A\N : Unedited

Eva's POV

"Where are we exactly going?" I asked Zevius while following him.

Honestly, I was enjoying the view of the woods. Birds were chirping, we can hear the sounds of woodcutter pecking on the tree. Most of the trees were full of new leaves.

The cool breeze was giving me a chill sensation.

"Don't know". Zevius answered looking at me. " Aren't you enjoying the walking? " he raised his perfectly shaped brows.

"No no. Not like that. I was asking cause in a while the sun will be setting. I am afraid if we can't go back to the house before sunset". I mumbled.

" Don't worry. I was messing with you before. I know the way ". He picked a rock and threw it forward. It hit a narrow tree branch making the birds who were sitting on the branch fled away chirping loudly.

"Wow. Your target was impressive". I clapped my hands.

" I know". He smirked sitting on the ground leaning back onto a tree.

"Don't flatter yourself. It's not a big deal". I said in a 'duh' tone crossing my arms across my chest.

" Oh really? Then take it". He reached out his hand and offered me a pebble." Toss it there". He pointed a tree before me which was ten meters away from me.

"Ok". I accepted his challenge and toss the pebble but it didn't hit the tree rather hit a squirrel who was climbing a nearby tree and it was yanked away roughly from the tree trunk.

I gasped slamming my hands on my mouth." I am so sorry". I ran there.

I was about to pick up the little creature but it ran off before I could make a move.

I huffed.

I heard a deep chuckle behind me. I turned around and saw Zevius was laughing pressing his fist on his lips.

"That's not funny". I stomped my foot on the ground childishly.

But he didn't stop. His chest was vibrating because of laughing.

He was looking soooo Handsome.

I averted my eyes from him as my cheek became hot.

" Will you stop?" I scowled at him.

He shook his head.

"What?!" I lunched at him.

Before I could reach he strode away from there.

He stopped coughing loudly. I noticed him wipe his eye with his thump.

Seriously?!! He was crying because of laughing.

"You are blushing". He teased me pointed out my cheek.

" No, I am not". Unknowingly my hand reached out to my cheek.

"Yes you are and I can see it clearly".

" And you know what baby girl".In the blink of my eyes, he was in front of me.

"What?" My voice trembled.
I was backing away while he was taking steps towards me.

Suddenly my back hit with a tree.

Damn my luck!

He stopped in front of me and we were chest to chest. I could hear his heartbeat and I sure he also can hear mine.

He leaned forward "You look cute when you blush" he whispered in his husky voice brushing his lips with my earlobe.

Instantly a tingling sensation quickly ran through my nerve and hit my core.