Chapter 2: Misaki Okimura

I couldn't sleep last night. I guess I had alot of my mind. After all it's only a matter of time before my brother Misao Takumi finds my whereabouts. What would I do then I wonder? He's smart.

In class there was a transfer student. Misaki Okimura I think her name was. She had pure light blue hair and her left eye was azure blue and her right was a deep green. Quite strange. She seemed cheerful and nice but I don't buy it. No one can be that happy. I guess it's none of my business.

The teacher puts her next to me. She then started talking to me babbling on and on. The person infront of her Hoshi Ishiguro, the king of idiots, said that I'm dangerous and a bad person and she shoudn't bother with me. I suppose it's for the best. " He doesn't look that bad," She said quite cheerfully. Looks can be deceiving. 

She looked and me and smiled. That's the first time someone smiled at me even Masumi Takashita didn't smile at me and she was my first friend. " just so you know I'm not looking for friends." I can't drag her down with me. Not again.  She still smiled at me," I know but i'm gonna try." Please, I've hurt enough people in my life and your not going to be one of them. You seem so cheerful and I don't want to take your bright smile away. 

Later on I passed a boy being bullied by the other guys. Naturally, I go to help. I punched one kicked the other. The boy was of course afraid of me and ran off. Not even a thanks huh. Wouldn't be suprised.The other guys just ran off. I turned around to start walking. Guess who just happened to be there.

Misaki Okimura. "Okimura-san?" Crap did she see me beating up those guys. "Hey Haru! I saw what you did there. That was nice. I guess you are a good guy after all." She laughed swaying her arm up and down. Straight to first name she sure doesn't waste time on formality does she? Any way I'm not a good guy why would she say that? ,"What are you talking about I hurt those people?!"

Why is she being so nice towards me especially since I was so rude to her? She just doesn't give up. " That may be true, but you did it so that that boy would be okay. He should of said thanks." I walked towards her, "Being my friend will only cause you misery. I'll warn you now since your new here. I'ts not good to hang around me.I never have been nice so do you really want me to be a burden towards you."

" Your so nice. Thank you. Haru-kun. So selfless." How can she be like that? She doesn't know me yet she makes those statements.   

 Why? Why aren't you afraid?