Chapter 8: Chicken Fight

Alex's POV

I woke up to the sound of vomiting coming from the bathroom connected to the dimly lit bedroom I had slept in. It took me a moment to recall the events of the previous night. The talk, the kiss, the butterfly's in my stomach, did I mention the kiss?

The sound of another round of vomiting shook me from my stupor. I assumed Devin had a pretty nasty headache along with the nausea,  so I rolled out of bed and headed toward the kitchen to grab him a glass of water and some aspirin. I found the meds in a cabinet above the refrigerator and noted that the clock on the wall read four in the morning.

Once I had returned to the bedroom, I opened the door to the unnecessarily large bathroom and found Devin sitting on the floor, leaning back against the toilet with his head dipped downward, shielding his eyes from the light.

"How ya feeling?" I asked rhetorically, offering him the water.

"Like shit," he groaned, grabbing the water and the aspirin, "Thanks."

I slid down across from him and pulled out my phone, once again checking social media to see how his fans reacted to the last-minute cancelation of the concert last night.

"It looks like your PR team spun a good enough story about why the concert was canceled. I'm seeing a ton of 'get well soon' messages and you've been trending for the last few hours. Take a look," I handed him my phone and he began scrolling, nodding his head when he was satisfied. He must've locked my phone because I caught a glance at my background picture.

"Snapping secret photos of me now?" he asked handing me my phone back with a grin on his lips.

"You wish, I took that when you fell asleep with the twins in the nap room. It was cute."

"Kittens and puppies are cute, I'm sexy," he scoffed.

"Well right now you're slightly green and your breath smells like a terrible mixture of whiskey and vomit. You should hold the sales pitch on your sex appeal until after you shower and brush your teeth," I teased.

"Fair, I do need to get cleaned up," Devin said, finally rising from the cold tile floor, "You can have some breakfast delivered if you're hungry. The menu of the place I ordered from last time should still be on the kitchen counter."

"Alright, I'm going to take a quick shower first too. You care if I borrow some clothes?"

"Sure, it's our day off so grab a pair of sweatpants from the bottom left drawer. There's plenty of t-shirts hanging in the closet too. The spare toothbrush you used last time is still in the guest bathroom."

Thanking him, I quickly grabbed an older pair of sweatpants from the drawer he mentioned and a random shirt from one of the racks in the walk-in closet.

It wasn't long after I had gotten out of the shower that I heard the doorbell ring, signifying that the gate security was at the door with our food. I popped into Devin's room along the way to let him know that breakfast was here. I found him at the side of the room with his back facing me, his lower body wrapped only in a towel. He stood in front of a full-body mirror, letting water from his still wet hair drip down along the curves of his back and disappearing underneath his towel. The recessed lighting above him reflected harshly off the moisture clinging to him, granting him an almost angelic glow.

"If you take a picture it'll last longer." I heard him say, snapping me out of my trance as I noticed he was making eye contact with me through the reflection in the mirror.

"Uh sorry to barge in, I thought you might be still in the shower. Our food's here," I rushed out, quickly turning around before he saw the deep shade of red my face must've been turning.