Chapter 5: Change

ミPROMISES彡
————————————

The following monday, you had decided to dress a bit nicer than usual. You had really fallen off the rails and forgot how good you felt when you weren't slaving your life away to someone who didn't care about you. Atsumu had come over early that morning offering to help you get ready. It was nice having someone to talk to in the morning on the way to school, he was definitely becoming a really good friend.

The night before you and Atsumu had gone to the mall with Suna and Osamu. It was quite fun actually, you had made a note to hang around your cousin more even if you were scared of being called a loser. You guys bought a bunch of new clothes and some other stuff that really you didn't need but treated yourself too.

Atsumu had spent the morning telling you how good you looked and even had coerced Osamu and Suna into telling you that you didn't look that bad. Osamu was quick to say it but Suna was one to tease so he took longer. The school day had gone by very quickly, surprisingly Yua had left you alone only giving you weird side glances and classes werent as boring.

Atsumu had told you to come find him and his brother at lunch. You were slightly excited not even letting the sight of your ex kissing on a girl, a different girl then the one from the park, ruin your mood. When your ex saw you he stared for a second but didnt say anything you were quick to ignore him. You usually would be heartbroken over these types of things but with how downhill your relationship was going before you guys broke up you kind of expected it.

It helped that you didnt really love him either, at least if you said it to him you wouldve felt like you were lying. Even though the two years were nice, at some point it became more of a toxic friendship than anything, there was no romance at all. You made your way to the table your friends were at, there was another boy you had never met, but even if you were nervous you still walked up.

"Atsumu is this another fangirl of yours?" You raised a brow at the silver haired boy before looking at Osamu and Suna who were laughing.

"Im a fan of him being quiet." Atsumu feined a hurt expression and pouted.

"So mean Y/n! Anyway, Kita, this is Y/n. She'd probably be more of a Suna fan girl then anything." You scrunched your nose and so did Suna.

"As if i would be a fangirl for my cousin" You gagged.

"Cousin?" Kita seemed seriously confused.

"Kita, this is L/n Y/n, Y/n this is Kita hes captain of the volleyball team." Osamu was nice enough to introduce you guys to eachother, and you nodded.

"Nice to meet you Kita!" You flashed him a small smile and he dod the same.

"Nice to meet you as well L/n" You waved him off.

"You can just call me Y/n" You had continued to smile until Suna flicked your head.

"Stop smiling, you'll ruin your face straining it like that." You pouted at him.

"Rude."

Throughout lunch you guys had made a bunch of jokes. Eventually the conversation changed to volleyball causing Kita to ask if you were ever interested in playing, and when you said you prefer to watch it gave Atsumu the brilliant idea to ask you to become manager.

"Y/N YOU SHOULD BECOME OUR MANAGER!!" Osamu had slapped his hand over his twins loud mouth while your ears were ringing a little because he was right next to you.