Have you given up? (Sakayanagi Arisu)

"Why are we waiting on this empty road this early, that too on a weekend?" asked Kamuro.

"By any chance do you have plans with some boy Masumi-san?" I replied, deciding to tease her a little.

"What? No."

"Then what's the rush Masumi-san?"

"Even if I don't have any plans, I don't want to waste my weekend waiting on a road without even knowing the reason?"

"Just be patient Masumi-san. It's about time."

"About time? For what?"

Just when I was about to answer, Masumi-san turned her gaze towards the other end of road and let out a small sigh.

At the receiving end of her gaze were two people walking towards us.

Hmm. So she's with him too. Not that it matters anyway.

I decided to meet them halfway and started walking towards them. Masumi-san decided to follow me slowly.

"Good morning Ayanokouji-kun and Horikita-san." I decided to greet them as I got closer to them.

Ayanokouji-kun just looked at me with his expression less face but Horikita-san talked.

"Good morning Sakayanagi-san. Do you have any business with us?"

Horikita-san decided to cut to the chase directly.

"Indeed. I do have some business. But not with you, Horikita-san. Can you spare a moment, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Ayanokouji-kun nodded in agreement.

"What?"

But Horikita-san sounded a little surprised by that.

I guess it's to be expected. I don't think he told her about our relationship.

"Please be at ease Horikita-san. I just want to talk to him for a bit. There's no ulterior motive here."

"It's alright Horikita." Ayanokouji-kun added to ease Horikita-san's anxieties.

"Wait, I don't believe you. It would be foolish to just take your words at face value."

It seems she's super wary of me. Fufu. I guess this is time to make some trouble for Ayanokouji-kun. This should be fun.

"There's no need to worry Horikita-san. I'll not scheme anything against Ayanokouji-kun. After all we are childhood friends."

Horikita-san body stiffened and shocked at the words I just spoke. Fufufu.

But Ayanokouji-kun didn't show any expression even after I spilled the secret. His face is just expression less as always. I guess something this insignificant will not get a reaction out of him. I should've known this.

"Is that true Ayanokouji-kun?" Horikita-san asked Ayanokouji-kun while glaring at him.

"It's true in a way. It's complicated but yeah, you can call us childhood friends, I suppose."

Horikita-san continued glaring at him but it seems like she's thinking about something.

"Why don't we go to that nearby cafe to talk then?" I decided to propose a change of location.

Surprisingly the first to respond and agree was Horikita-san.

"Alright. I'll not be against you both talking but on one condition. I don't want to eavesdrop and I don't want to meddle in your business... But just to be sure I want to listen to what you talk about."