A sick day

A blurry view of my room's ceiling. That was the first thing I saw when I awoke. It took a few moments before I started to see clearly. My body's feeling a little strange today.

It was already close to 8 AM when I glanced at the wall clock in my room. I've slept longer than usual. On a normal day, I would've been woken up and freshened up by now to go to school.

Fortunately, we're on winter break, so I don't have to worry about being late to school today. Though the reason for me waking up late is not because it's winter break. I wish that were the case, but unfortunately, it appears that I've fallen sick.

This is the last thing I expected to happen. Oh wait, on second thought, maybe I did anticipate this happening. Since last evening, I've started to feel a little strange.

I had spent the previous two months dealing with President Nagumo and the whiteroom students, which had left me rather worn out. And to make matters worse, the weather lately has been extremely crazy.

Just in the past ten days, there have been two instances of snowfall, two instances of severe rain and numerous days with high temperatures. And I'm reckless enough to get soaked in rain and snow. After all of this, it was only natural that I would become ill.

However, this is nothing serious. If I wanted to, I could just get out of bed and carry out all of my usual activities without any difference.

If I just took a hot bath and eat something, I doubt I would even feel sick. But like any other typical high school student, I made the decision to remain in bed and sleep for a while.

But that didn't last long as I could not sleep for more than a few minutes. So, instead, I decided to take a hot bath.

I already feel a lot better after taking the bath. And eating something would definitely make me feel completely normal, but for some reason, I decided to not do that and jumped on the bed to get some more sleep.

*Ding dong*

Again, that didn't last long. My plan to extend my sleep got disturbed by my doorbell. I don't know who decided to visit me this early in the morning, but I chose to ignore it.

*Ding dong*

The doorbell rang once again. I just ignored it again. It's not unusual for people to go out this early in the morning, so if I ignore the bell for a while, hopefully, my visitor will assume that I'm not home and leave.

*Ding dong*
*Ding dong*
*Ding dong*

It's been more than five minutes and my visitor is relentless. They continued ringing the doorbell.

As my visitor showed no sign of leaving, I finally gave in and decided to check who came to visit this early in the morning.

I cautiously opened the door, still hoping I would find no one at the door and I can go back to sleep. But a girl was standing in the hallway when I opened the door.

"Kei? What's wrong? Why are you here so early in the morning?"

The person that decided to show up at my place is none other than my girlfriend, Kei.

"Pardon the intrusion!"

Kei ignored my question and entered the room, leaving me hanging at the door.

"Would you mind telling me why you suddenly decided to show up this early in the morning?" I asked while locking up the door.

"Nothing. I just felt like seeing you." Kei responded.

It's not uncommon for Kei to come to my room unannounced, but it's strange that she kept on ringing the bell instead of just calling me, which would've spared her the pain of having to wait for a while.