|•Decisions•|

That night she neither went in front of her mother nor had her dinner. She just locked herself in her room. Neela maa tried to talk to her innumerous times but of no vain.

The Next Morning

She went downstairs in the living room and saw Neela ma sitting on the couch in a tensed state. She took a deep breath before moving towards her and sat down on the floor beside her, resting her head on her mother's lap, murmuring a soft 'good morning'.
It was just then that Neela ma came out of her thoughts and looked at her daughter. Her eyes turned teary seeing her daughter's face which was puffy and red.

"What has happened to you baccha? Kya baat hai? Kal tak tum itni khush nazar aa rahi thi aur ab aise." Neela asked her softly, caressing her hairs and kissed her forehead. Tears formed in her eyes and she wiped them off quickly before looking up at her mother.

"Kuch bhi toh nahi maa. Aap na zyada hi sochte ho. Kal bas thora headache tha isiliye." It was a 'heartache' instead which she suffered.
Accha leave all this, aapse kuch important baat karni thi." She said smiling slightly and got up, settling herself on the couch beside her.

"Han bolo na baccha, kya hua hai?" She asked frowning slightly.

"Offo maa, kuch nahi hua hai. Itni tension lena kab band karoge aap?"  She said chuckling slightly seeing her mother's wrinkles on her forehead.

"Maa woh, Iamplanningtogotonewyork." She blurted out in a go after taking a pause for a minute or so while Neela could just frown at her words, not understanding a single thing.

"Rajdhani express choot rahi hai kya?" Neela asked confusingly.

"Huh?" Avni frowned and battled her eyelashes at her.

"Then why are you in such a hurry? I didn't understood a single word you said. Say clearly." Neela spoke. Avni took a deep breath before disclosing the real matter to her.

"Maa, I had applied for my masters program at New York's design school."

"And I've got a seat there." She spoke excitedly even though it was a 'fake' happiness.

"What? Itna sab kuch tumne akele kar liya and now you're telling me all this?" Neela stood up from the couch shocked.

"Maa, I just wanted to give you a surprise. I thought you'd be happy." She said making a sad puppy face in front of her.

"I'm happy baccha, but aise I mean..." Neela herself was perplexed with her words.
"When are you planning to go?" Neela maa asked.

"The day after tomorrow. Morning 9 am ki flight se." She said dropping another shock for her mother.

"What?" She heard another voice. She turned and saw her brother looking at her shockingly.

"Di what is all this?" Amol asked her perplexed.

"Offo! Why are you people getting so shocked jaise maine koi crime kar diya ho.(giggles)
I had planned this long back bus wait kar rahi thi sab kuch confirm hone ka. And saari formalities bhi toh puri karni hongi na isiliye thora jaldi jana hai." Her tone was so casual while speaking all the stuff. She pulled her brother beside her and started explaining the matter to him.