Chapter 11

She dozed in and out through the night, unable to get any rest. Even if she was in the most comfortable bed in the world, she still didn't think she would be able to sleep in these circumstances, so she reluctantly accepted the fatigue. The sound of the door opening jerked her to attention, and she subconsciously gripped the arms of the chair she was sitting in. A familiar face came into view, but not exactly one she was too happy about seeing.

"What are you doing here?" she asked harshly while glaring at the blue eyed boy. He merely smirked at her which only made her clench his fists in fury. He looked up and down at the girl seated with her wrists and ankles tied to a chair. At first glance, she looked like just another of the government indoctrinated citizens, seemingly possessing an extreme hatred for him and the rest of the Insurgents. But this girl had something interesting about her, though he just wasn't quite sure what it was yet. The boy smiled to himself. This interrogation may prove more fun than he thought.

"Well, it looks like we're off to a great start already." he answered lightheartedly, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. He wore a plain black jacket paired with grey cargo pants and his hair was messy looking, as if he didn't even take the time to comb it down.

"What do you expect? You kidnapped me and my roommate and now you want me to be happy with you? Excuse me? What is wrong with you?"

He chuckled, pulling the other chair toward himself and sitting down across from her. "Now, just let me talk for a moment. Maybe I can change your point of view."

"No," she objected immediately. "I don't want to hear any of your propaganda lies. If you're trying to get me to join you or tell you anything, it won't work."

"Oh, come on, you don't actually like the government do you? Do you know what they do?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I know what they do," she spat. "But from what I heard, you've done worse."

"You can't believe what they say."

"And I'm supposed to believe you? Huh?"

He chuckled again, but his amusement only angered her more. "You're a feisty one, aren't you? That was quite a stunt you pulled yesterday. Quite entertaining to watch."

"What are you trying to accomplish here?"

"Last time I checked, I'm the one who's supposed to be asking the questions."

"So why don't you ask the questions then?"

"Well, okay then. How are you?"

She paused. "Huh?"

"Did I say it in French?"

"What?"

He smirked. "It seems you don't get sarcasm."

"I don't think this is the right situation to be using sarcasm."

"And when would be an appropriate situation?"

"Never in speech, because why mislead when you can speak clearly?"

He snorted. "Y'all are too serious. Anyway, you didn't answer my question. How are you?"

She rolled her eyes before looking away. "Terrible."

"Well, at least you're being honest."

The girl let out an exasperated sigh. He watched silently as she tugged uselessly at her restraints and clenched and unclenched her fists. The ropes holding her down were rubbing harshly into her skin and it appeared to be quite painful.

"Hey, take it easy there," he said, instinctively rushing to her and grabbing onto her hands to prevent her from moving. As soon as his hands touched hers, she freaked out and immediately tried to rip them away from him.