Chapter 1

The Demon Slayer Corps.

They numbered in the hundreds.

An organization completely unrecognizable by the government. Since ancient times, they have existed to hunt down demons.

However, the identity of the Demon Slayer Corps leader has always remained a mystery.

Demons.

Their stable food; humans.

They hunt and kill them.

It is unclear when or where they first appeared.

Incredible physical powers, their wounds heal almost instantly. Flesh completely restores itself. Severed limbs regenerated.

Some can shape shift.

Some have other powers.

They can only be killed by sunlight or decapitation with a special sword.

The demon slayers fight these demons with mirror mortal bodies.

As humans, wounds are slow to heal, and their lost limbs are unable to grow back.

Nevertheless, they fight to protect and defend humanity.

~ ~

"Okay! That's the fifth time this week!" Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Pillar, yelled in frustration as he opened the doors of the Demon Slayer Headquarters.

Following behind him was Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Pillar. "Rengoku, calm down. There was nothing we could do about it anyway because it happened ten minutes before we even got there." Tokito tried to calm down his orange and redhead friend.

"I am calm!" Rengoku fired back, now acting like a young child. The two other demon slayers that were present were Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Pillar, and Kanoa Tsuyuri. The two sisters were having a conversation when Rengoku burst into the room. Kanao smiled softly and pulled out the coin her eldest sister gave her before she passed. She flipped it and it landed on heads.

"Let me guess, Rengoku set a tree on fire again?" Kanao asked. Kocho giggled quietly.

The rest of the pillars walked into the room to see what was going on. Here was Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Pillar, Obanai Iguro, the Serpent Pillar, Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Pillar, Gyomei Himejima, the Stone Pillar, Tengen Uzui, the Sound Pillar, and Giyuu Tomioka, the Water Pillar.

"No, actually. There has just been someone beating us to demon attacks all this week." Tokito said as he looked down at the floor. "Yeah, and it's pissing me off!" Rengoku yelled as he walked back and forth. Tokito watched him pace. He wonders if Rengoku is really upset or just embarrassed.

"For some odd reason, someone or something has been killing all the demons that have attacked the villages throughout the North-West. No one really knows who they are but there are eyewitnesses. They say that their face is covered by a black mask and are wearing a black hood, so it's very hard to see their face. Whoever they are, they're crazy fast. So fast you can barely see them. Apparently, their fighting skills are really good as well. An eyewitness says that they normally kill the demon within five minutes. But they don't interact with anyone. They just run into the woods. And just almost... disappear." Tokito finished his statement.