Chapter 11

The master's mansion was nothing like Blue imagined. It was a rather large typical Japanese estate surrounded by fields of green grass and healthy growing trees. The courtyard grounds were small pebbles and there was a shady *engawa that she and Giyuu stood in front of. It was simple but very formal. Upon observing the yard, Blue sensed multiple auras approaching. Each one of them was unique and had a completely different feel to them.

From what she sensed, there were at least eight of them heading her way. To her surprise, at least a handful of their auras weren't threatening. One aura she sensed was warm and bubbly. Another aura was bright and large while one was dark and bone-chilling. It slightly frightened Blue but not to an extent.

Finally, the Hashira came around the corner and into the courtyard. "Welcome back, Tomioka!" A man with bright red and orange hair greeted Giyuu with a wide smile on his face. Out of all the Hashira, he had the brightest and most welcoming aura. It made Blue feel slightly better knowing that he was possibly the most approachable out of all of them.

"I'm glad to see you returned safely." Rengoku exclaimed to Giyuu to which he simply nodded in response. "It certainly took him a while to arrive." A teasing female voice spoke up. "Don't tell me that you're beginning to lose stamina now out of all times, Tomioka." Kocho said with a hint of sarcasm.

Giyuu rolled his eyes in annoyance at the small butterfly girl. As Blue secretly observed her, she felt as if there was something different about her aura. On the outside, it was a light lavender color. That color meant that she had some sort of positive energy surrounding her. However, the inner areas were a darker shade of purple that could easily be mistaken for black.

'Maybe she experienced something traumatic as a child and hasn't gotten over it yet.' Blue thought to herself. 'But then again, I can't help but ignore the feeling of anger that surrounds her.'

"It's been some time, huh?" Another male voice brought Blue out of her thoughts. "I was starting to get worried!" The tall male with an interesting appearance jokes. He had white hair brought up into a ponytail. A strange looking hair band with the material made out of some sort of shiny rock and a red star-looking tattoo around his left eye. Despite what he said, Blue questioned whether or not he truly felt "worried".

"I see you've brought someone back with you." The male said, tilting his head to get a better look at the strange looking blonde female standing next to Giyuu. It was at that moment that everyone's attention was directly on Blue. With all eyes now on her, she wanted nothing more than to crawl into a hole and die. All of a sudden, a kasugai crow flew over the gates and landed on the interesting looking man's shoulder, to which he gladly allowed the bird to land.

"CAW! THE GIRL YOU SEE BEFORE YOU IS 'MAYONAKA KYUSEISHU'! KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE NORTH-WEST MOUNTAINS, 'MAYONAKA KYUSEISHU' HAS SAVED A GREAT AMOUNT OF HUMANS FROM DEMON ATTACKS FOR THE PAST SIX YEARS! THE MASTER HAS REQUESTED THAT YOU TREAT HER WITH RESPECT WHILE SHE IS HERE! CAW! TREAT HER WELL! TREAT HER WELL!"

The crow spoke loudly with pride before flying off. The group fell silent. The Hashira held expressions of wonder and disbelief. Surely, they were aware of Blue's actions beforehand but they currently did not expect her to be protecting humans for six years straight. "That's impressive." A man with a scar across his forehead, who unfortunately seemed to be blind, finally spoke up. What made him so intimidating was that he was ten times the size of Blue's height. However, his soft, golden brown with a hint of dark green aura felt kind and gentle for being such a giant.

"It is!" A girl with big, bright green eyes and pink and green hair tied into three separate braids agreed with the larger male. Next to her was a small child with mint-green eyes and long black hair fading into the same mint-green color. He paid no attention to the conversation as he stared up at the sky.