two

_

It's like he could sense she was there. Peter was at lunch sitting next to Ned and Mj when he got the sudden urge to look at the door. He glanced at the door and a few seconds later Della walked through. He groaned, she wasn't there for the first half of the day so he assumed- no more like prayed she would just have skipped school.

Ned and Mj followed his line of sight. They could see her scanning the lunchroom Ned stood up and waved her over. Peter quickly pulled his friend back down sneering at him.

He pleaded to whatever God that would listen that she wouldn't have seen him. But of course, the heavens ignored his pathetic pleas and she began to walk over with a slight skip in her step, while her curls bounced against her shoulder. It was like she knew her very presence tortured him and loved to torment him by it.

Peter was not having a good day today and he didn't want to deal with Della and all of her—, her extraness.

She ungraciously plopped down on the bench across from Peter and slide off her bag setting it on the floor. She could see the sour expression on his face when Ned waved to her and she made a vast choice to indulge in her temptation just the once. She usually wasn't the provocative type but when it came to him it was too easy. "Hey, guys."

Ned greeted her and Mj gave her a nod of acknowledgment. Peter still didn't say anything, he just dipped his chicken nugget into ketchup and aggressively took a bite.

He tried to ignore her presence and focus on his food but it was very hard when she said stuff like "It's okay Peter I know you missed me you don't have to say anything. You did look a little sad when I had to leave yesterday."

Della could see that his scowl had deepened when he finally looked at her. He clenched his right fist into a ball and gritted out "I absolutely did not."

Della just shrugged and winked at him. She turned to Mj and propped her head onto her hand "Are we still partners for Art? That class isn't really my strong suit."

Peter looked away and then muttered, "I'm pretty sure all of your classes aren't." She narrowed her eyes at him but didn't address his comment.

"For sure. I was thinking we maybe could do a Whale or a octopus."

Della and Mj talked for a couple of minutes on what to do their paper-mâché project on. She had to admit Mj was way easier to cooperate with and genuinely had considered her ideas. "Why weren't you here earlier."

"I had to help my mom." She said simply.

Peter raised an eyebrow at her vague. It wasn't like he was listening in to their conversation. Not that at all, he just happened to overhear it. "Doing?"

"Stuff." She stated. Della stole a tater tot off of Peters tray.

Peter saw her and swatted her away "Dude you didn't even try to hide it. Get your own."

She popped it into her mouth. "I couldn't, the lunch line was closed when I got here."

He scoffed "You could've to ask instead of sticking your grimy fingers into my food."

"Come on. Sharing is caring. Isn't that the hero thing to do? Help people in need." The truth was she couldn't afford to eat but she wouldn't say that. Instead, she downplayed it as she did it to annoy him.

The bell rang as he rolled his eyes "The heroine thing to do would be to lock you up with the other criminals."

She let out a thoughtful hum as she grabbed another tater tot, as soon as the bell rang Peter was out of his seat "You could, but I think you'd miss me to much."