t h i r t y - t h r e e

Seven's POV
———

We weren't even in the tombs yet and the tension was already high. Even from where I can stand I can see the beads of sweat roll down some of our adventure groups skin. Please let everything go smoothly.

Daryl with his pair of keys opens the gate we all anxiously wait in front of. Considering that Rick had given his own to Carl. As soon as Daryl unlocks it and it's cracked open, I push my way through, opening the door with my snout so I could fit through. I glance back to see Rick going in front of Daryl. Now that's odd. Somebody seems a bit too worried about provin' to everyone that they're a good leader, Officer Rick.

It was dark and humid. The group all had their own flashlights to help light the way because without them it would be pitch black. From just the entrance I'm able to hear water dripping and hitting what sounds like a puddle from somewhere, the echoes carrying the sound over to me. That can make things hard. Echoes are bad. You can't pinpoint where a sound is coming from.

Then a smell hits me right before we make our first turn within the corridors of this place. The sickly and dead rancid smell. You could not deny this smell. Walkers.

I rush over to Daryl, passing Rick on the way. I look up to Daryl and with one of my front paws I scratch at his leg once. Effectively signaling, walker. Daryl nods and stealthily moves over to Rick who's eyes were busy being trained on what's about to be behind this corner. "Rick," Daryl says in a whispered voice, "Think we got walkers around this corner."

Rick breathes out, glancing down to me and back up to Daryl, nodding his head. We then hastily peaks the corner with his revolver raised, expecting the worse. I dart out past the corner about as fast as my brain could process him jumping out from behind cover only to be met with a dark hallway that has what looks like is dead walkers laying throughout it. I wasn't wrong.

On each side of the rest of this hall are several open cell doors, making it seem only more gloomy and scary. The dripping sound has also become louder since turning this corner and it's difficult to see the end of this hallway through all the cell doors and lack of lighting.

I look to the decayed bodies, not particularly trusting death to have put them to rest fully. If one of these sons a' bitches grabs me, I'd probably scream like a girl if I had the capability to do so.

I look back to Glenn when he pulls out his spray can from his little supply pouch and gives it a few good shakes. He pops off the cap and starts to spray on an arrow in the direction we came from making it easy to follow back if we need to. The idea was a pretty good one, and would probably save our asses if need be. Plus from the looks of this place, it's like a labyrinth.

I look away from what he's doing and refocus on the body in front of us. I sigh through my nose, finally giving into just checking it. I creep on over to the body, it's missing a pair of legs and well.. half it's lower body but that's never stopped a walker before.

I lower me nose to it, and sniff it, seeing if it's truly dead. It probably would've grabbed me by now. Then, the worst timed scream comes from behind me making me jump about three feet away from the dead walker and spin around. All within a single second. My hair stands on end and I instinctually bare my teeth, my eyes boring wide open.

I'm rather frustrated when I see Glenn and Maggie looking at the other scared. Apparently they scared not just me, but the entire group, making then both softly whisper an apology. I frustratedly walk over and harshly nudge their hands that were left to hang by their sides with my snout, glaring up at them. If I die to a heart attack, it's your guy's fault. No Seven, no flower dog for your wedding. Capeesh?