t w e l v e

#loveyou3000
———

Seven's POV

I wake up to the front door being busted open. Rick comes in carrying a bloodied Carl, followed by Shane dragging Otis. What are they doin' here?! What happened to Carl?! Is he dead? They rush past me, not even batting an eye in my direction, before they march into a downstairs bedroom. I can hear Hershel yelling commands from the living room, but I know if I were to go up there I'd be in the way.

Maggie sits on the chair with her chin propped up on her hands with Otis beside her. I stay in bed, before the door knob twists and in walks Rick and Shane. Rick sees me but doesn't seem to process that it's me before he sits with his head in his hands, "He's stable for now." Shane says leaning up against a wall beside Rick. Shane's eyes cast over me, confusion and anger seem to dwell within his eyes but he both know now is not the time.

"Lori has to be here Shane, she has to know." Rick says looking up at Shane. Rick looks miserable, he has pale skin and puffy red eyes with deep circles underneath.

"Okay, I get that. I'm gonna handle it. But you gotta handle your end." Shane says trying to make eye contact with Rick.

"My — my end?" Rick questions.

Shane crouches down to Rick's level, "Your end is being here for your son. Even if he didn't need your blood to survive, there is no way i'd ever let you walk out that door. Man, I'd break your legs if you tried. You know that, right?" After he said this there was a dangerous look in his eyes. Most people wouldn't be able to tell but for me, it was as clear as day. This man is dangerous. He continues, "If something happened to him and you weren't here... if — if he slipped away while you were gone, you would never forgive yourself for that. And neither would Lori, man." Well said, I suppose.

"You're right." Rick admits with a nod. He back up to Shane. So stressed he doesn't even see me.

"When was I ever wrong?" Shane says with a small laugh and smile. When you fucked your best friend's wife. Yeah, I know, smarter than ya' think. "You know when — when you were in the hospital, the one you were never supposed to leave, man, you should have seen Lori." Shane leans towards Rick. He never wanted Rick to leave that hospital, did he? "She was like...the strength of that woman...you can't imagine it. See— see that's what you've got to have now. I mean, Carl— he needs that from you. So you wire yourself tight, my friend." They grasp onto each other's heads. He's talking about Rick's wife like Rick don't know his wife. "You've got the hard part. Just leave the rest to me, okay?"

They both say 'All right' before Hershel walks in, everyone stands up from where they are seated except for me. "He's out of danger for the moment." Hershel's explains. Once he says that I lay down on my side and am quick to pass out, still exhausted from the events that had taken place earlier in the day.

I wake up and hear talking from the front porch. I slowly stand up, wincing at my injuries before going to the front door and scratching at it, in my way of asking to be let out. Hershel opens the door, for me to walker out where I see Rick, lookin down at me with a smile, "Hey Seven," he looks deathly pale, and sweat glistens from his forehead, "Daryl's been worried about you." Judging from how he's acting, he already knew about me being here. What about Sofia? I didn't keep her safe like you asked. I had one job and I couldn't even do that.