s e v e n

———

Seven's POV

We reached the CDC, seemingly dead walkers littered the surrounding area. Shane urges us forward in a hushed tone, everyone already doing so. Everyone has their mouthes covered and is letting out coughs from the odor the walkers are emitting. We approach the shutters that are closed Rick and Shane begin to try and open them, and banging on them. "There's nobody here" T-dog says.

The sun is quickly setting, "The why are these shutters down?" Rick questions.

I stand by Daryl as we watch a walker begin to stand, "Walkers!" he calls out. Everyone begins to panic and cry. Daryl shoots a walker in the head. "You led us into a graveyard!" Daryl yells angrily. Damn right.

"He made a call!" Shane defends. Not the right one.

"It was the wrong damn call!" Daryl yells back.

Shane speed walks towards him, Im quick to stand in between them so Daryl doesn't get attacked, "Just shut up. You hear me? Shut up. Shut up!" Shane yells reaching over me and shoving Daryl back. I'm also quick in sinking my teeth into his leg. Don't you dare fuckin' touch him, you power hungry asshole. Shane lets out a groan trying to shake me off but that just causes him more pain. My jaw is locked, you're stuck buddy, until I or Daryl says so.

"Heal." Daryl commands angrily. His anger isn't directed at me but at Shane. I let go of his leg, he glares down at me after I've done so. I'll bita ya' for a third time even.

Shane turns, stalking towards Rick, "Rick, this is a dead end."

Carol asks pleadingly with Sofia tucked into her side, "Where are we gonna go?"

Everyone seems to ignore her as Shane continues, "Do you hear me? No blame."

Lori interjects, "She's right. We can't be here, this close to the city after dark"

Shane continues his annoying rant, "Fort Benning, Rick — still an option."

Andreas speak, "On what? No food, no fuel. That's one hundred miles."

Glenn corrects her, "One-hundred twenty-five. I checked the map." Thanks, smarty pants.

"Forget Fort Benning. We need answers tonight, now." Lori says. By now everyone is panicking and becoming agitated.

Rick tries to calm them, "We'll think of something." Everyone begins to make a move to quickly get back to their cars. I look up at the camera, it starts to move, "The camera — it moved"

"You imagined it." Dale says.

"It moved" Rick says exasperated. I begin to bark at the camera, "Seven saw it too."

"Rick, it is dead, man. It's an automated device. It's gears, okay?" Shane says. I stop barking, that's a possibility. "They're just winding down. Now come one." I make my way to Daryl's side again. "Man, just listen to me. Look around this place. It's dead, okay? It's dead. You need to let it go, Rick." Everyone begins to try to get in back to where the cars are. Daryl remains quiet toward the back of the group, shooting walkers.