t e n

———

Seven's POV

Shortly into our ride, Dale's RV comes to a stop. We stop behind the RV, Daryl opening his door before getting out and letting me out right after. We approach the already gathered group, Im close to Daryl's side, "What's tha' hold up?" He asks.

"The RV ran outta gas." Rick shortly explains.

"Should've known it only had a few more miles on it." Dale says exasperated with a shrug of his shoulders. "I have a siphon and a few gas cans, but there isn't a gas station nearby.." He trails off.

Daryl rubs his thumb against his bottom lip before, to my surprise, speaks up, "We can use the rest of the fuel from my truck. I can just ride Merle's motorcycle for tha' time being."

His hand drops from his face and down to his side, he looks at me before bringing his gaze back up to the group of adults that had gathered. "But, um, can Seven ride wit' somebody?" God damn it. I let out a grunt of disapproval, glaring up at Daryl. "Oh, shut up." he mutters to me, but loud enough for the rest to hear. Fine. I narrow my eyes at him before turning back to everyone who have amused looks on their faces. Piss off.

Dale speaks up again, "He can ride with me if that's fine with you. But I need someone else to siphon the fuel because.." he trails off, leaning to the group, in a hushed tone, "I need to keep an eye on Andrea." He says with a nod, eyeing Andrea who is leaned against the RV with an angry look. Well, I think her face always looks a bit bitchy.

"I can do it" Daryl says, surprisingly speaking up.

"I'll help him." T-dog steps forward with a raised hand, volunteering with Daryl.

"Alright, I'll go get the stuff" Dale says, turning on his heel before going into his RV to retrieve the siphon. Dread cascades upon the formed group. We lost Jacqui, and we are no longer safe. We're out in the open, waiting to be gnawed on by walkers. "Here it is." Dale says, stepping down the steps of his RV.

Daryl takes a gas can and a siphon, T-dog doing the same, before we make our way to the old blue rickety truck Daryl had once picked me off the side of the road with. While they siphon the fuel in silence, I scan the tree line for any potential threat, my head swiveling from side to side.

Daryl screws the cap of the gas can, and gives a high pitch short whistle, indicating for me to follow him. Daryl and T-dog give Dale the gas cans, and while he pumps his RV full of gas, Daryl gets Merle's bike from the bed of his truck.

While he's lowering the bike from the truck bed I let out a long aggravated whine. "What? It's not like you can ride on the back or something." I could just run, I can keep up. "I don't want your paws gettin' burnt off from tha' asphalt and ya' side has still been botherin' you. Plus, you can use some socialization." He says with a smirk. I socialize more than you!

Daryl hops on the bike, turning the key in the ignition as it rumbles alive. He puts it in drive and makes his way, slowly, over to the group. With myself running by his side. We approach them, I watch as Shane eyes Lori, danger and lust seeping into his eyes. Dangerous. Dale interrupts his ogling, "Son, let's saddle up. C'mon Seven!" He says with a whistle, going up the steps of his RV. I'm ridin' with Shane?! For fucks sake.