AGENT KIM

INTRO:
AU: College break JinByul (pretend Secret Agent Jin)

.

"You're late," A calm voice came from the shadows.

Jin staggered towards the bed and sat down. His breath came out in deep coughs. Sweat was dripping all over his face. His thick eyebrows could no longer hold them up.

"Jjangkaman," Jin hacked out an exhale. 

He had just climbed two flights of stairs without stopping and his legs felt like there were about to fall off. His respite was short-lived though as a pencil snap echoed throughout the room.

Looking up, the swivel chair slowly turned around revealing The Boss. The entire dorm room was dim with a window illuminating an almost acidic orange behind the female. Despite her small stature and crisp white dress shirt, she cast an ominous shadow over the taller male. 

"Time is of the essence, Agent Kim," the Boss leaned forward resting her chin on her palm

When did she get all sexy? Jin thought. If it were another situation that didn't involve The Mission, Agent Kim would have physically slapped his face to even think of his best friend that way. He chose to mentally slap himself instead.

"I was late. Sorry. Just let me breathe for a sex- I mean sec!" Kim Seokjin what is wrong with you?

Ignoring the slip of the tongue, The Boss leaned back and tapped her phone. The 007 soundtrack smoothly filled the room giving an air of suave danger.

"Let's start from the top. Good morning, Agent Kim."

"Good morning, Boss," Jin whined.

Lying down sideways on navy blue bedsheets, he looked at his best friend as she scooted closer, her iPad resting on her lap. The Boss pulled up a picture of a cute girl.

 The Boss pulled up a picture of a cute girl

"I'd like you to meet Moon Seulgi. Code name, Tangerine. Age 20. Last born child of the Moon clan. Currently, a freshman at SM Academy of Art," she then pulled up another photo that showed her and the profiled girl. "An absolute sweetheart and younger sister of yours truly. Threat level: Minimal. You just need to keep an eye on her. Let's move on."

Feeling that his breath went back to normal Jin sat up. He twirled his wrist to fix his glasses and leaned forward clasping both hands. The Boss showed her a picture of a man who looked like her. Same face shape and the same mouth.

 Same face shape and the same mouth

"Meet your target, Agent Kim. Moon Minhyuk. Threat level: Dangerous. Age 25. Code name: Lord Voldemort," Byulyi looked down at the screen.

"He has been convicted in the past for playing pranks on the victim, Moon Byulyi. The said victim has suffered countless forehead flicks, stolen candies, and has been unceremoniously awoken from her sleep when he changed my clock to 10 a.m. saying that I was already late for school but when I ran down it was still dark out, and was 2 a.m. That-," The Boss took a deep breath to calm her rambling. "Ambitious, judgemental, and cunning. Moon Minhyuk is currently being charged for hunting down any boy that dared to look at any of my sisters funny. Here is the footage."

A paused video of The Boss and the profiled male appeared on the screen. It looked like a home video and was set in a modest kitchen where the family was having breakfast.

"Eomma! Minhyuk-oppa's being stupid!" 

Both siblings looked young, roughly in their teens. The male sported a bedhead and red hoodie. The Boss was wearing an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants. She had choppy black bangs then. 

"No! I'm not!" the boy rolled his eyes and gave a light flick to his sister's forehead.

"He flicked me!" Byulyi said "Eomma! Punish, oppa!"

"Kids, please! Not this again," Jin could hear a woman's sleepy voice and a cup being filled with coffee. "It's too early in the morning."

"He basically ran after a boy that was hanging out with Seulgi at the park!" Byulyi continued,  pointing a spoon at her brother. "Now at school, that boy tears up every time he sees Seulgi in the hallway!"

"Jimin's just a classmate, oppa," a younger female voice could be heard. The other sibling was probably the one holding the camera. "He was just returning the sheet music from choir practice."

"Seulgi-yah. That kid had lovey-dovey eyes!" Minhyuk lifted his bowl to finish his remaining soup. "That boy is trouble."

"Aah! How in the world am I supposed to write love songs when I can't even date!" the older sister grumbled and slouched in her seat.

"Okay! Okay!" the boy complained as he stood up to help with the washing up. "You can go on dates! Sheesh!"

"Really?! Jinjja?!" both girls asked.

"Ne! When both of you start wearing dentures! No dating. End of discussion."

"As you can see, Agent Kim. Moon Minhyuk will definitely be after your ass seeing that you are of the male population," The Boss gave an impassive expression that made Jin swallow his nervousness. Was this scary-er-calm expression a family trait?

"It is up to you now. The Moon siblings will be having a scheduled video call to plan for our vacation to Jeju island at around," The Boss lifted her empty wrist. "8 p.m. KST. It is your job to ensure the secrecy of your gender during the introduction. He must at all cost not know that my best friend is a boy."

Jin nodded.

"Do not fail me, Agent Kim. If Moon Minhyuk finds out you are a boy he will not let you step foot onto Jeju island and will not hesitate to push you off the plane on the way there."

"Understood!" Jin stood up and gave a salute. The Boss felt slightly relieved at the agent's enthusiasm. Their summer vacation and the agent's life relied on the success of The Mission.

"I trust you. Agent Jinnie."