XXI.

~~~

~~~

Isagi... I breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of him in the doorway.

"Hey man, wait," the blonde boy started with false innocence. "This isn't what it-

"I said get the fuck away from her." Isagi was fuming, danger rolling off of him in waves. His shoulders were heaving as if he'd just run a marathon, eyes blazing with unmatched fury.

My attacker took a step forward, hands raised in surrender as if approaching a wild animal. "Come on bro, let's calm down here. You know, I'm always willing to share..." 

Isagi looked ready to punch him in the face, so I took that moment to push myself back to my feet. I went to pass the guy and as I did he made to grab me again before thinking better of it, allowing me to quickly make my way to Isagi's side.

His eyes flicked carefully between me and Isagi for a brief moment before his face broke out into a mocking grin. "Alright, alright, you got me. Now let's all just forget this little incident, yeah?"

Isagi growled, taking a step forward but I placed my hand gently on his arm to stop him. He turned back to look at me, but my eyes remained solely focused on the pink ones across the room.

"Don't ever come near me again and maybe I'll consider not wrecking your entire football career," I said, giving him a harsh glare. "That's maybe."

He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "They won't believe you anyway."

I should've let Isagi punch the dude. "I'm pretty sure that stunt you pulled out in the hallway in front of the cameras is enough to convict your ass, so I think you're the one who should be a little more worried about who they'll believe," I sneered at him. "Come on, Isagi. Let's go."

I tugged him out the door, storming my way through the halls. It didn't matter which way I was going, as long as it was far enough away from that disgusting smile.

"Saito," Isagi tried, but I wasn't listening. If anything, I picked up my pace, desperate to just keep going and going and going.

"Saito." Nothing. "Jin."

I stopped abruptly, spinning to face him. "What, Isagi?" I glared into his worried eyes, seething. I was itching to run. Run until my legs gave out. Run the past right out of me and sweat out the feeling of fingers against my skin.

Isagi searched my eyes frantically. "Why are you heading towards the practice field?" He asked before reaching out a hand gently towards me. I flinched at the contact making him retract it quickly, hurt flashing across his features as guilt bubbled like bile in my stomach.

I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it. But I couldn't get the words to form right in my mouth.

"Jin, you're shaking," he said softly.